First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
It’s the etorque uhh device. Does it not replace the alternator?

All 2021’s with 3.6 auto have it. Damn shame.
yeah, makes sense why my manual does not have it....missing torque...lol.
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, sorry to hijack this thread, but once you are done answering the OP's question about that non-pictured thing under his hood that's different from other jeeps, I have a part under the chassis of my 2021 JLUS that also seems different from other years.

I don't have pics either because it was dark outside, but its a metal thing next to a plastic thing. Looks a little like a thinga-mabob, but not quite like a doohickey. It does have a thing coming out of it that is connected to something else. Any help would be appreciated.
We need more Cowbell!

Last edited:

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
appreciate the asshat comments guys, but if you have looked at more than one 3.6 between 2020 and 2021 or opened your bay between mall runs, you might see it....
That's a little harsh. You posted an incredibly vague comment, and people razzed you. If your lashing out comment is tongue-in-cheek, my apologies, but a thicker skin is called for in these situations.

BTW, I didn't comment until this post.

OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
That's a little harsh. You posted an incredibly vague comment, and people razzed you. If your lashing out comment is tongue-in-cheek, my apologies, but a thicker skin is called for in these situations.

BTW, I didn't comment until this post.
I meant it in the same way they poked fun at my op. I have zero butthurt on the internet.

Sponsored

Deleted member 53226

Not there.
Okay, all jokes aside. Let's get serious about finding Neil's thing under the hood. I finally found the hook thing under my 2021 JLUS hood to release it and prop it open. Had the Jeep for several months now but couldn't figure it out!

Anyway here is a pic of the full engine bay. Neil, just point out that mystery thing buddy, so we can close this thread.

P.S. I noticed my coolant bottle is missing the cap thingy. I plan on having that replaced by the dealer under warranty. No excuse for something like that to be missing from a new $50K plus vehicle.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 engine bay has a new item by alt 1603762396895

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation