2021 Delivery delays

Jeepteach21

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler
I’m not sure how they ship to Canada but mine is built and stuck because there’s a shortage of truck carriers.
Sponsored

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited -Willy's
So I ordered my new Wrangler Nov 15, 2020 - and finally got my VIN in mid February.
It's now mid March and we are still D not D1 yet.
i understand in February that The sky 1 touch, The side steps and The cold weather have been restricted for 2 months now.
Yesterday my dealer let me know The sky 1 touch was just added and The side steps was also recently added but The cold weather group because of the steering wheel is still restricted. Meanwhile I am waiting patiently.
I ordered my Willys on January 12. Just got the call last Friday that it has been bumped from BX status. Also told that at this point it won't be built until 2022. When that happens I lose the incentives I signed at and will be at Jeep's mercy as to their new incentives (I signed with a 5% of MSRP and 2.99%).
Nope......I cancelled my order and got my deposit back

Mrbluepencil

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2021
It's the rest of the world, mine was ordered beginning of November and was built first week of March, I am now waiting for it to ship but that won't be until there are a boat load to come to Australia..... It's a long and painful process, only bonus for me is I know my JLUR is built. As an aside we get pretty much everything in the JLUR as standard, so safety, cold weather etc etc, the only options are dual top, steel front bar and camera, luxury pack (Leather, heated seats, painted fenders etc) and painted top. The rest is already included.
HI Steve, Have you received your JLUR? I'm in Melbourne. I put my order in on March 4th 2021 (with an expected June delivery date) but now have been told by my Jeep dealer that due to COVID delays my JLUR won't arrive until Sept/Oct but can't even guarantee that. The wait is killing me! I'd love to know how you found the process and if you got yours OK in the end. Thanks :)

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
HI Steve, Have you received your JLUR? I'm in Melbourne. I put my order in on March 4th 2021 (with an expected June delivery date) but now have been told by my Jeep dealer that due to COVID delays my JLUR won't arrive until Sept/Oct but can't even guarantee that. The wait is killing me! I'd love to know how you found the process and if you got yours OK in the end. Thanks :)
Sort of, I picked up a Wrangler at the end of March, a couple of days before Easter. Mine had not shipped at that point (it was built and waiting for a ship load to come here) but the dealer offered me another, exactly the same except Granite Crystal that he got from another dealer that took a Overland as they got sick of waiting. We jumped at it. My original order has turned up but only in the last few weeks I believe, so 7 or 8 months from order to arrival. September/October sounds about right for a March order unfortunately. The worst bit is there is nothing you can do and the dealer gets minimal information as well. If you want one sooner get the dealer to see if there are any unallocated ones on the way with a specification you'll accept, a mate of mine managed to find one and waited about 10 days to get it.

Sponsored

Mrbluepencil

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2021
Sort of, I picked up a Wrangler at the end of March, a couple of days before Easter. Mine had not shipped at that point (it was built and waiting for a ship load to come here) but the dealer offered me another, exactly the same except Granite Crystal that he got from another dealer that took a Overland as they got sick of waiting. We jumped at it. My original order has turned up but only in the last few weeks I believe, so 7 or 8 months from order to arrival. September/October sounds about right for a March order unfortunately. The worst bit is there is nothing you can do and the dealer gets minimal information as well. If you want one sooner get the dealer to see if there are any unallocated ones on the way with a specification you'll accept, a mate of mine managed to find one and waited about 10 days to get it.
Thanks Steve,
That's good to know. I did see one in NSW exactly the same but they would't take my offer because I got a good deal with the new order from the dealer here in Melbourne and they just could't match it. I guess I'm gonna be waiting until Sept/Oct.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eyes peeled for one while I wait. :)

RuKaDeisel

First Name
RuKa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Diesel
I think the shortage only applies to Canadians, people in the US have been receiving theirs with this package within 1 month
Nope ordered ours May 26th.2021. Got a VIN assigned May 24th. We ordered the Jeep Sahara Unlimited Diesel....our status is in D1 and still waiting..... we live in Florida

DeadPool_Rubicon

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Nope ordered ours May 26th.2021. Got a VIN assigned May 24th. We ordered the Jeep Sahara Unlimited Diesel....our status is in D1 and still waiting..... we live in Florida
I hate to say this - but you made me feel better now as I ordered a week or so after you - June 4, and same thing - In FL - still in D status. Dealer said they had a couple of them ( maybe us two and one more) but sadly no details on as to why
Sponsored