2021 Defroster Issue in Winter

ddorrer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK
How many of you have noticed ice and snow buildup that doesnt clear with the defroster system. TLF release a YouTube video about this issue. Will there be a recall? Sounds like a design flaw.

Advertisement

OP

ddorrer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK
I would think a simple plastic diverter plate would help direct the heated out to the edges.

tts42572

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Yes, see that thread previous poster put up. Lots of great ideas in there.

I haven't gotten my JLUR yet....hopefully in next week or two. So I can't really comment if it's still an issue....But I'm guessing it probably will be. I'm already prepared with my fix as I have some 1/2 socket rails that I think will work pretty well plugging some of those center holes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3YFZXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If this is indeed still an issue in 2021, it's a shame as there are many posts on this going back a couple years and there are many people that posted they've taken their Jeeps to dealers and dealers just respond saying that's the way the Jeeps have been made.

The issue has definitely been brought to their attention so really no excuse anymore. It really should be something Jeep is concerned about. I mean, I can just imagine the lawsuit that could emerge if a winter accident was caused because of poor visibility traced back to the poor design of the defrost.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
My Jeep hasn't been in the cold yet, but I heard about this and turned my defroster on. I felt warm air in the upper corners of both the passenger and driver side. Not sure if they fixed this for 2020 or if it is a hit or miss issue. Definetly seems like it affects a lot of Jeeps though.

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement