Sponsored

2021 Custom built price and changes to standard configurations post order.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Quick question - I ordered a 2021 Rubicon in July 4th and currently it is in F status - which is painting. I think that if everything goes well, I might be getting my Jeep within two to three weeks. During that period of time, the technology group were standardized as default part of Jeep offering. I went to Jeep site to check and I see that it is no longer an option (at least on Rubicon) to add a technology group.

In building my jeep - my quotation (commitment) includes me paying for the technology group. Now that it is standard, do I still have to pay the original quote or should the dealer or FCA automatically deduct the amount off my committed price. It would be good to know before talking to my dealer - who is really awesome by the way. Thanks.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mean you went to Jeep.com? If so, those are 2020s.

You won't know until the window sticker publishes what the new Jeep price is. Date of delivery determines what prices will be - POC says any changes between time of order and delivery may be necessary. Will depend on what dealer wants to do. If factory price goes down and the dealer isn't charged they should lower your price just like if incentives fall off by then or factory price goes up then they can charge that.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question - I ordered a 2021 Rubicon in July 4th and currently it is in F status - which is painting. I think that if everything goes well, I might be getting my Jeep within two to three weeks. During that period of time, the technology group were standardized as default part of Jeep offering. I went to Jeep site to check and I see that it is no longer an option (at least on Rubicon) to add a technology group.

In building my jeep - my quotation (commitment) includes me paying for the technology group. Now that it is standard, do I still have to pay the original quote or should the dealer or FCA automatically deduct the amount off my committed price. It would be good to know before talking to my dealer - who is really awesome by the way. Thanks.
Looking at the June and August 4 door order guide it looks like the technology group is standard in both guides for the Rubicon. Not sure why there is a charge for you. But the 4 door Rubicon has gone up in base price by $70 in August. You might want to check your option prices to see if they changed.

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Looking at the June and August 4 door order guide it looks like the technology group is standard in both guides for the Rubicon. Not sure why there is a charge for you. But the 4 door Rubicon has gone up in base price by $70 in August. You might want to check your option prices to see if they changed.
Mike! Thank you so much for both of your posting. Now I know at least what to expect. I got the new Rubi based on the 2021 build sheet that I got from this forum (this forum is amazing). I thought that I had to itemized the technology group but guess what? I went back to the build sheet and you were right!! The technology group were standard and was not factored in. I appreciate you clarifying that for me (something that I should be cognizant about). But still it is good to get an idea what happened when price changes!

Thank you again for your time and help!! :like: :like: :like:
Sponsored