OP

DrRay81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Added some trail rax to the passenger side. I plan on doing the Maximus 3 rack and ladder for the driver side.

8CAAF273-042C-4108-8553-B665F103F686.jpeg

7830E1AA-788F-46AB-81BC-808A7CD0FD71.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

DrRay81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
i'm running a metalcloak adjustable rear trackbar to correct geometry

Sponsored

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
I got my Jeep lifted at 1500 miles so not even close to being broken in but I was getting about 27 highway. 24 city and that’s driving really easy on throttle. Post lift I’m seeing about 25-26 highway and 22-24 city. I have a short commute and I find that it definitely consumes more fuel when the engine is cold and is also sluggish. Runs a million times better once it’s at temp. I’d say the 37”s cost me 3-4 mpg’s
Your Jeep is really looking good! I’ve been contemplating the Diesel also but my commute is only 7 miles to work. No experience with Diesels other than I know I’ve heard they like to run. So wondered what your thoughts were owning one with short drives all the time.

OP
OP

DrRay81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Your Jeep is really looking good! I’ve been contemplating the Diesel also but my commute is only 7 miles to work. No experience with Diesels other than I know I’ve heard they like to run. So wondered what your thoughts were owning one with short drives all the time.
i'm really happy with the diesel, if i had to do it again i would without hesitation get the diesel again. That being said i do feel like the diesel runs night and day different once up to temp. i park in the garage so it never gets super cold but i would imagine on a cold winter day id want it warmed up before driving. i usually give it a couple minutes before i head out in the morning and really baby it until it's up to temp. Also from a mileage standpoint does 10x better when warm. i'm mostly city and get just over 24 mpg on the 37's. i can't imagine any other motor would get that on 37's. I'm very happy even on my short commutes.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Nice build. I have the same Jeep (2021 White Rubicon Diesel) which I may shamelessly copy a few things on. Love the white dash trim. Not that I have a problem with Rubi red, but it doesn't match anything else on the white Jeep.

Are you still feeling 3.73 will carry the day or will you regear. Right now I think I want to do 4.56, but I just finished everything, except the suspension and added 500-600lbs an Jeep doesn't notice it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DrRay81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Nice build. I have the same Jeep (2021 White Rubicon Diesel) which I may shamelessly copy a few things on. Love the white dash trim. Not that I have a problem with Rubi red, but it doesn't match anything else on the white Jeep.

Are you still feeling 3.73 will carry the day or will you regear. Right now I think I am want to do 4.56, but I just finished everything except the suspension and added 500-600lbs an Jeep doesn't notice it.
I have 3300 miles on the jeep. i feel like these motors are night and day after some mileage. At first with the 37's i really felt as though it might need the regear. now i can honestly say i don't think it does at all. 4.56 i think would be too much.

troubledog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon diesel
i'm really happy with the diesel, if i had to do it again i would without hesitation get the diesel again. That being said i do feel like the diesel runs night and day different once up to temp. i park in the garage so it never gets super cold but i would imagine on a cold winter day id want it warmed up before driving. i usually give it a couple minutes before i head out in the morning and really baby it until it's up to temp. Also from a mileage standpoint does 10x better when warm. i'm mostly city and get just over 24 mpg on the 37's. i can't imagine any other motor would get that on 37's. I'm very happy even on my short commutes.
Glad to hear that. I just picked up my diesel this week and have been in the 35/37 dilemma. 24mpg on 37’s is tremendous.

Sponsored

Aria51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
My American adventure lab versatable just came in. Didn’t have a chance to install it yet but it looks great!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Bright White JLUR Diesel build 76C323F8-560B-4EF3-AA17-6D177161073A

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Bright White JLUR Diesel build 76C323F8-560B-4EF3-AA17-6D177161073A
Did you install it yet? I ran into an issue with the small plate bracket. Existing screw is in the way and I don't know how to get it out. Did you have the same problem?

OP
OP

DrRay81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Did you install it yet? I ran into an issue with the small plate bracket. Existing screw is in the way and I don't know how to get it out. Did you have the same problem?
i havent had a chance to install it yet. any pictures?

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Build looks awesome thanks for the info about the lights. Do you have any videos of them on at night?
Sponsored