2021 4xe, lift, 37's, gears, flash

JR HANK

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
All the goodies, 2.5" lift (matched EPIC to the "T"), 37's, bumpers, winch, dealer flash then to the gears..... Z automotive said it worked, so she went in for 4.56's, then two days of trying to flash went south back and forth texting, doesn't work on the latest model. Z is working on cracking the code, so a waiting game at this point, possibly two weeks. Keep in mind the recient 4xe's are different than the earlier, different parts, various changes and suspect the ECM as well, been almost 2 weeks.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 4xe, lift, 37's, gears, flash IMG_0778.PNG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 4xe, lift, 37's, gears, flash IMG_0779.PNG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 4xe, lift, 37's, gears, flash IMG_0838

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 4xe, lift, 37's, gears, flash IMG_0775.PNG

IMG_0850 (002).jpg
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So are saying current tazer software doesn’t work on the latest 4XEs?

Oh and forgot to say. Great looking ride there. It looks great at that height and 37s :like:

OP
OP

JR HANK

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
So are saying current tazer software doesn’t work on the latest 4XEs?

Oh and forgot to say. Great looking ride there. It looks great at that height and 37s :like:
Not for gears currently

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Looks great!

That’s the Rugged Ridge HD right? Did you do the matching rear?

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Sorry to hear you're having trouble to reflash for the gearing. Can you simply ask the dealership to reflash that setting for you?

I am also running the 37" KO2's with the 1" Mopar lift on my 4xe Rubicon. I really don't see much need to regear with my light weight tires & wheels (87.4Lbs tire+wheel).

Also, did you change driveshaft like in the Epic video?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Sorry to hear you're having trouble to reflash for the gearing. Can you simply ask the dealership to reflash that setting for you?

I am also running the 37" KO2's with the 1" Mopar lift on my 4xe Rubicon. I really don't see much need to regear with my light weight tires & wheels (87.4Lbs tire+wheel).

Also, did you change driveshaft like in the Epic video?
Or what about just adjusting the tire size input to account for the gear change for now?

OP
OP

JR HANK

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Dealers wont touch any flashes now days other than tire size changes

4xe Rubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
@JR HANK
Could I see a shot of your Uconnect screen showing the front camera. I'd like to see how much the bar blocks the view. Great build btw. Keep us updated on the Tazer issue.

MeanTT

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 4xe, 1965; Backdraft Cobra with a true 427
@JR HANK
Could I see a shot of your Uconnect screen showing the front camera. I'd like to see how much the bar blocks the view. Great build btw. Keep us updated on the Tazer issue.
im in the same boat. I have 37s and 5.13 gears. The reflash does not work for gears. No regen anymore. The speedometer is way off, and every conceivable dash light is on. The Tazer worked fine for just tire sizes.

I was told that the software won’t support anything larger that 4.50 gears which means any replacement gears won’t work. If you try to mess with it on a combination of hearing at 4.49 and smaller tires it throws the ECU into limp mode and you have dangerously little power. You can’t drive over 30 or 35.

I wish I had know the software didn’t work long time ago. I don’t know how the instructions on the TAZER speak to hear changes when they know that gear changes aren’t supported.

#frustrated. But the customer support at Zautomirve has been spectacular.

137B6B04-BAD6-4627-9AC9-798F8232D5B3.jpeg

Sponsored

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Has there been any resolution to the gear and tire size issues related to the tazer/4xe. Contemplating changing gearing now.

TheRealChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 4xe
Checking in on this…. Any way to regear a 4xe yet and get it to be recognized??? Any one have anything in the works?

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Does anyone know when the changes took place? My build was in April and I wonder if I can still change gears?

Andyme2

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0 soon 4xe
Hi everyone, i have posted this on the 4xe forum, so far no reply, so I am now trying here, maybe someone has something to say re. my issue:

I would like to share something I've learned 2 days ago and maybe some of you have the possibility to double check this. It is maybe a bit complicated to understand because of my English, but pls give me a chance..
As we know 4.49/4.50 is currently the limit for gear ratios for the 4xe. my garage guy intended to switch my Sahara from 3.73 to 4.56 .. going from 33 to 37.so I thought, maybe the "system" can accept .07 déviation within tolerance limits and will not get mad...in order to simulate this, i entered 3.68 as my ratio value. 3.68/3.73 being similar in proportion to 4.49/4.56.

As soon as I entered this value (engine off) all kinds of lights went on, ABS off, tracking control off... wow....how did the system know all this without me moving the car one inch?after all these gear components are mechanical parts without sensors or NFC chips, I would think..

I wrote an email to z automotive support, and Scott replied almost immediately. His feeling was that most probably only realistic (because existent) values are allowed to be entered...

Assuming 4.49 is the upper limit (a value that makes no sense in this context) there are only two possible values that fullfil Scotts condition: 3.73 and 4.11

Since 3.73 is the value i already own, i entered 4.11 ...and what shall I say? Not one light went on..i have only driven a couple of blocks so far, but the car drove perfectly fine.

What I would be interested in knowing: has anyone tried to stay at the original value (either 3.73 or 4.11) while actually changing the gears to whatever .higher ..4.56, 4.88, etc...?
Or can anyone who has already installed the higher ratio gear but gets error messages try to enter 4.11? Do the error lamps go on or not?

General question: what happens if one changes the gears without entering the correct ratio? Does it affect the speed reading only? What else?

I would be very happy if I was able to make myself clear for you guys to understand what I mean to say, since I am from Germany and my English is limited.....

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hi everyone, i have posted this on the 4xe forum, so far no reply, so I am now trying here, maybe someone has something to say re. my issue:

I would like to share something I've learned 2 days ago and maybe some of you have the possibility to double check this. It is maybe a bit complicated to understand because of my English, but pls give me a chance..
As we know 4.49/4.50 is currently the limit for gear ratios for the 4xe. my garage guy intended to switch my Sahara from 3.73 to 4.56 .. going from 33 to 37.so I thought, maybe the "system" can accept .07 déviation within tolerance limits and will not get mad...in order to simulate this, i entered 3.68 as my ratio value. 3.68/3.73 being similar in proportion to 4.49/4.56.

As soon as I entered this value (engine off) all kinds of lights went on, ABS off, tracking control off... wow....how did the system know all this without me moving the car one inch?after all these gear components are mechanical parts without sensors or NFC chips, I would think..

I wrote an email to z automotive support, and Scott replied almost immediately. His feeling was that most probably only realistic (because existent) values are allowed to be entered...

Assuming 4.49 is the upper limit (a value that makes no sense in this context) there are only two possible values that fullfil Scotts condition: 3.73 and 4.11

Since 3.73 is the value i already own, i entered 4.11 ...and what shall I say? Not one light went on..i have only driven a couple of blocks so far, but the car drove perfectly fine.

What I would be interested in knowing: has anyone tried to stay at the original value (either 3.73 or 4.11) while actually changing the gears to whatever .higher ..4.56, 4.88, etc...?
Or can anyone who has already installed the higher ratio gear but gets error messages try to enter 4.11? Do the error lamps go on or not?

General question: what happens if one changes the gears without entering the correct ratio? Does it affect the speed reading only? What else?

I would be very happy if I was able to make myself clear for you guys to understand what I mean to say, since I am from Germany and my English is limited.....
You should be able to correct the speed reading by entering the tire size that balances the gear ratio out. Concern would be what the ABS sensor (wheel speed sensor) sees.
Sponsored