First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Gonna have to ditch the Nemesis front flares - they are holding up articulation 😢

Got a set of junkyard Rubicon fronts without lights and ordered the Quake Fender Chop Kit with sequential turns. Should be tits once it’s on.

To make the front and rear match I’m going with Bulletliner bed liner. About $75 per fender and they will all be the same UV protected black bedliner color. Much more durable than paint or powdercoat and no need for PPF. Closest thing to the hard anodize on there now that won’t easily scratch but will match front to back on the fenders.

Considered paint briefly but quickly decided against it as these will be the first things to get beat up and the rest of the Jeep is covered in PPF.
Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Actually like the way it looks with the chopped front and rear Rubi fenders wayyyy better than the Nemesis that I returned.

What do you guys think? I gained almost 3” of tire clearance in the front and another inch in the rear which I was able to chop more body off

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 40” Rubicon Diesel Build C8D1537D-B7D9-43EB-8A19-70E12E3D0BA3
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 40” Rubicon Diesel Build B92A3F9F-58BC-49D8-8E67-1E0B872CF9E3
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 40” Rubicon Diesel Build 04CD0BFA-3876-43D2-BEF8-D91C96DF2461

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Looks like shit!!

Lol - looks great, are you going to try to paint match or do something cosmetic at some point?

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Looks like shit!!

Lol - looks great, are you going to try to paint match or do something cosmetic at some point?
Probably not the fenders. They kinda match since the whole theme of the Jeep is Granite Crystal and Black... plus I’m sure they are going to get scratched up on the rocks anyway so why waste more money on paint.

If I were to do anything I would have them professionally done with black UV resistant bedliner

I may eventually do something else with the corner guards as they as are already fading pretty bad, but gonna leave it for now. Probably go paint to match or a close powder coat (Wizard Black)

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Not even those inner fenders in the rear?
Yes those are definitely getting painted ASAP to match the fronts - hate how that looks right now.

Good call

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
You guys seriously think 38.5” is cool, but 40” (at 5 pounds heavier) is a total no go and requires 1 ton axle swap? For 5 more pounds???
Tire weight has nothing to do with it. T = RXF (Torque equals Radius Cross Force). That's a 1.5" longer cheater bar. Lockers double the F.

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Tire weight has nothing to do with it. T = RXF (Torque equals Radius Cross Force). That's a 1.5" longer cheater bar. Lockers double the F.
Good thing I got these 1 ton axles then...

although to anyone watching this thread I recommend 72” axles for several reasons and would not get 68.5” again myself

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
What is the backspacing? These are working well with your double throw down coil overs & ud60s? No clearance issues?
No - LOL

I returned those a long time ago - wrong backspace. I originally purchased them to go with 72” wide axles which I didn’t end up getting (but wish I had)

Then my builder had me get 4.5” backspace trail ready beadlocks. Also no good tires all over everything. Since it was his fault he recommended the wrong backspace the builder took those TR’s back from me and ordered me up the 4th set of Wheels for my Jeep in less than 4K miles...

KMC Grenade Crawl 3.5” backspace

I love them and finally have a wheel that works with the DTD kit. So long answer 3.5” backspace is what you need with that kit and 40’s.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 40” Rubicon Diesel Build 3D447078-42C0-4D7B-A341-7AF851FB55D0

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 40” Rubicon Diesel Build 8566D36D-E606-4E88-B6CB-FAE6E1EB3E08

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I love them and finally have a wheel that works with the DTD kit.
40" is the max allowed for Jeep Jamboree trips. I want to build a JLR on 40's, but I will be shipping back and forth between the mainland and HI. The max vehicle height is 75". How tall is your rig?

Last edited:
OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
40" is the max allowed for Jeep Jamboree trips. I want to build a JLR on 40's, but I will be shipping back and forth between the mainland and Maui. The max vehicle height is 75". How tall is your rig?
You won’t make it. You could possibly deflate the tires to an extremely low PSI and fit it but it will be super close and look like you’re on flat tires almost. Another option which could be used in conjunction with deflation of the tires would be to have adjustable Coilovers like I do.

It would be a royal pain but you could lower the lift before shipping then raise it back up once it’s off the boat. I could probably lower mine several inches but it wouldn’t be a quick endeavor and certainly would not have any flex.

My lift is as low as possible for 40’s. Only 2” over stock height in the rear & 3.75” over stock in front. I adjusted the lift so it sits perfectly level. Plus a ton of trimming, basically the max amount of trimming on both front and rear...

and I’m going to have to still adjust the long arms and push the axle further forward because the tires still hit, now that I’ve trimmed everything else they are hitting the firewall. Can’t really trim that off LOL. So I’ll have to push the axle forward a little more.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 40” Rubicon Diesel Build 2115A728-4315-4631-9D27-F967C93C7F56
Sponsored