DZLJLUR

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD 4x4
At least this is funny :clap:

Seriously though, are you going to ignore Casey250’s Dyno results? Which are less than 10 lb ft of torque less than mine? Or does that 9 lb ft make his results “1000x more realistic” than mine? (Even though it’s only 2.3% different) Or maybe Casey250 and his Dyno guy and I are all in a giant conspiracy to sell these diesel motors so we’ve invested thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in these fake photoshopped videos and pictures just to convince all you poor fools to buy the diesel motors and as part of our plan for COMPLETE WORLD DOMINATION!!!

Insert evil maniacal laughter here: MWah hahahahaha:devil:
I have read each and every post in this thread. To all the nay sayers, it is as simple as spending bit of your money, get your 3.0D dynoed and post your results like OP and Casey250 did and then have a meaningful conversation/ debate. Versus just engaging in speculation and anecdotes and old wives tales. I am proud owner of 21 JLURD with 3.0 TD as well as 20 JT with 3.6 and want to respect all fellow Jeepers, as we all share the same passion!
Happy Jeepin đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

I have read each and every post in this thread. To all the nay sayers, it is as simple as spending bit of your money, get your 3.0D dynoed and post your results like OP and Casey250 did and then have a meaningful conversation/ debate. Versus just engaging in speculation and anecdotes and old wives tales. I am proud owner of 21 JLURD with 3.0 TD as well as 20 JT with 3.6 and want to respect all fellow Jeepers, as we all share the same passion!
Happy Jeepin đź‘Ť
In Spring of 2020 I returned my 3 year lease JKU to the dealership, with an appointment to test drive the JT which at that time was only available with the 3.6 same as my 2017 JKU and was my 1st choice. My lengthy research on the JT had narrowed to a sport version with the heavy duty tow package. My plan was and is to this very day, continuing my overlanding, camping and moderate wheeling with the added additional cargo space and payload offered and now available with the JT. I also arranged and made sure this dealership had a JL 3.0 TD to test drive. With the slightly ever more powerful 3.6 mated with the new 8 speed automatic transmission, along with the 373 max tow gears in the JT my anticipations were high but quickly felt disappointment. With 0 payload and the 31 ATs (standard equipment on the sport) that I test drove, knowing I would be upgrading to a least 35MTs, I was extremely unimpressed with the powertrain. Sure around the dealership on the flat concrete terrain, With 0 payload only the salesman sitting by my side. The JT was peppy while merging on to the freeway, and navigating through the various side street byways. I quickly realized any sizable tire and suspension upgrade would immediately warrant regearing. I had grown tired of the steep RPMS, and very noticeable constant transmission shifts in my JKU when going into headwinds, backroads, and mountain ascends with a decent elevation gain. There was 0 improvement in this JT 3.6. I knew with my camping equipment payload, and a passenger or two this JT was "no bueno" for me. I quickly returned to the dealership now with even higher hopes of my test drive in the JL with the new the new 3.0 TD. From the moment I pulled out of the dealership, It was very apparent the Wrangler was finally mated with the perfect antidote. 3.0 TD with 373. EVERY DAY I drive my JLUAD whether it's Is around town, up the steep mountain roads that are frequent during my summers which include blue to black diamond wheeling adventures and now the seasonal desert crossings, my JLUAD on 37 MTs 3.5 MC lift bring a smile mile after mile. 21,000 zero issues.
Sponsored