First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
If you close your eyes, then concentrate on believing your engine is a special high HP factory diesel that slipped by Quality Control, and tap your heels together three times, at the dyno shop, high HP numbers will come true. Truly they will!!! :LOL:

At least this is funny :clap:

Seriously though, are you going to ignore Casey250’s Dyno results? Which are less than 10 lb ft of torque less than mine? Or does that 9 lb ft make his results “1000x more realistic” than mine? (Even though it’s only 2.3% different) Or maybe Casey250 and his Dyno guy and I are all in a giant conspiracy to sell these diesel motors so we’ve invested thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in these fake photoshopped videos and pictures just to convince all you poor fools to buy the diesel motors and as part of our plan for COMPLETE WORLD DOMINATION!!!

Insert evil maniacal laughter here: MWah hahahahaha:devil:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Yea it doesn’t take anything more than 1s and 0s to make that motor reliably move toward 500lb-ft at the crank.
I don’t understand why this is such a difficult concept for some of our fellow Jeep brethren on here to understand... the factory changes tunes all the time.

Also I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything. I just find it very strange people refuse to believe what is plainly right in front of their eyes.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
At least this is funny :clap:

Seriously though, are you going to ignore Casey250’s Dyno results? Which are less than 10 lb ft of torque less than mine? Or does that 9 lb ft make his results “1000x more realistic” than mine? (Even though it’s only 2.3% different) Or maybe Casey250 and his Dyno guy and I are all in a giant conspiracy to sell these diesel motors so we’ve invested thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in these fake photoshopped videos and pictures just to convince all you poor fools to buy the diesel motors and as part of our plan for COMPLETE WORLD DOMINATION!!!

Insert evil maniacal laughter here: MWah hahahahaha:devil:
I would like to see a side by 1/4 mile race between your Wrangler, and another with the same tire size. That might say a lot.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I would like to see a side by 1/4 mile race between your Wrangler, and another with the same tire size. That might say a lot.
Anyone else have a stock JLURD in the LA area? I’m down and we will record it & up load to this thread.

However I think this approach will be slightly flawed too. Just the difference in weights from options could make a huge difference in such a race.

For example right now mine is the lightest it will ever be. No spare tire, or carrier. I’ve replace front and rear steel OEM bumpers with lighter and stronger aftermarket versions, removed the Rubicon rails, and Stock fenders and wheel well liners in preparation for aftermarket units. (I measured Jeep before and after bumper install and removal of everything , it’s sitting about 3/4” ~ 1” higher now as compared to stock which tells me I took some weight off as compared to the stock units considering that’s all I’ve done besides electrical at this point)

So the biggest trick there would be finding a way to make sure they weighed the same before said race...

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I've seen larger tires skew torque numbers on diesels many many times. I wouldn't say they are "off", but the hp usually isn't in line with where you think it should be otherwise.

Dyno's are great tuning tools and if they happen to spit out a nice number, they are also fun for bragging rights. But I don't see a need to get worked up over this stuff guys.

As someone mentioned earlier, 1/4 mile trap speed will never lie. I don't know if you can get a good torque figure, but if you use a hp calculator, your trap speed and a spot on race weight will get you a corrrect hp reading every time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I've seen larger tires skew torque numbers on diesels many many times. I wouldn't say they are "off", but the hp usually isn't in line with where you think it should be otherwise.

Dyno's are great tuning tools and if they happen to spit out a nice number, they are also fun for bragging rights. But I don't see a need to get worked up over this stuff guys.

As someone mentioned earlier, 1/4 mile trap speed will never lie. I don't know if you can get a good torque figure, but if you use a hp calculator, your trap speed and a spot on race weight will get you a corrrect hp reading every time.
Another great voice of reason. Thank you for your input I agree with everything you said fully.

My primary objective at renting the Dyno was not to get ANY SORT OF NUMBER; but was to instead break in my new diesel motor.

I merely ran 2 recorded power pulls at the end for fun. Just because I could and had the rented Dyno time to do whatever I wanted with, so I was like fuck it why not do a couple official “pulls” before I scoot outa here.

I won’t be taking the Jeep to the track to drag race it and calculate any HP numbers although that is a great idea. I’m building it into the best rock crawler it can be while retaining good street driving characteristics.

To me all the Dyno said is I accomplished my mission of breaking in the motor (at least the initial breakin) and the motor is definitely doing what it’s supposed to do.

As for the results I just shared them on here too for fun. Not sure why everyone got so bent outa shape about them.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
232 and 396 are FAR more accurate numbers. These new modern auto transmissions don't rob as much power. 15% is a safe number to use for parasitic loss.

That would put you at 266 HP/455 lb/ft at the crank which is a lot more believable.

For the record, the OEs will keep power ratings very very close to advertised. There have been lawsuits over it, and in one case that I can recall Ford actually did a full scale recall on a vehicle once because it didn't make advertised HP on a dyno. So you can bet that if an automaker says your vehicle makes 260 horsepower, then that's what it makes.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Watch the video closely, 62 miles on it in that video. Arrived at the Dyno shop with 25 miles on the clock and drove it like I stole it the whole way there!!
"...drove it like I stole it..." with 25 miles on the engine. You must be rich.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Another great voice of reason. Thank you for your input I agree with everything you said fully.

My primary objective at renting the Dyno was not to get ANY SORT OF NUMBER; but was to instead break in my new diesel motor.

I merely ran 2 recorded power pulls at the end for fun. Just because I could and had the rented Dyno time to do whatever I wanted with, so I was like fuck it why not do a couple official “pulls” before I scoot outa here.

I won’t be taking the Jeep to the track to drag race it and calculate any HP numbers although that is a great idea. I’m building it into the best rock crawler it can be while retaining good street driving characteristics.

To me all the Dyno said is I accomplished my mission of breaking in the motor (at least the initial breakin) and the motor is definitely doing what it’s supposed to do.

As for the results I just shared them on here too for fun. Not sure why everyone got so bent outa shape about them.
How do you break in a diesel engine in 20 minutes on a dyno? Most of the diesels I've had took about 6,000 to 10,000 miles to break in. Are you getting your information from a diesel engine shop or Facebook? You must be rich.

Also, why are you drag racing a diesel in a Jeep?

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
"...drove it like I stole it..." with 25 miles on the engine. You must be rich.
Nope but nice try buddy. Not rich either, wish I was tho lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
How do you break in a diesel engine in 20 minutes on a dyno? Most of the diesels I've had took about 6,000 to 10,000 miles to break in. Are you getting your information from a diesel engine shop or Facebook? You must be rich.

Also, why are you drag racing a diesel in a Jeep?
You don’t - I rented the Dyno for 3 hours and even that was just the INITIAL break in.

I’m not drag racing it either, in the other post you quoted I said IM NOT TAKING IT TO THE DRAG STRIP.

I believe in a hard motor break in. Look up the proper way to break in a diesel motor, the best way is on a Dyno. Or don’t look it up and just keep talking senseless shit outta your ass. But just so you feel warm and fuzzy inside I never go on FB, only have an account so my wife can tag me in things. Lol

You must be hella poor since you seem to be obsessed with me being rich for some reason.

Go research how to properly break in a diesel motor and enjoy eating a lot of crow.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
How or what is seating fuses ?
I have 2021 eco Diesel .
Open your hood. On the left (passenger) side is the fuse box. Use the two little tabs on each side and open it.

All of the fuses and relays in there are probably loose and not seated in all the way.

Carefully push firmly down on each of them. The little tiny guys take more force than you think. The big ole relays not so much force.

But push in all the fuses (the tiny one, the medium sided ones and the couple large ones. Make sure they are all the way clicked in or “locked in”

Do the same for all the relays which are the larger black squares. The relays on mine were particularly bad.

If you search around on here there’s a few threads dedicated to this subject. But what I described above is it in a nutshell.

Enjoy your new ride!

overboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU(sold) 2021 JLURD
232 and 396 are FAR more accurate numbers. These new modern auto transmissions don't rob as much power. 15% is a safe number to use for parasitic loss.

That would put you at 266 HP/455 lb/ft at the crank which is a lot more believable.

For the record, the OEs will keep power ratings very very close to advertised. There have been lawsuits over it, and in one case that I can recall Ford actually did a full scale recall on a vehicle once because it didn't make advertised HP on a dyno. So you can bet that if an automaker says your vehicle makes 260 horsepower, then that's what it makes.
At the same time there have been MANY cases of cars making a lot MORE than advertised HP.

2003 Cobra(390 advertised vs 390WHP), the new Supra (335 advertised but usually make 390WHP easy) , Coyote Mustangs, C8 Corvettes, new 911 Carrera S (442 vs 490+WHP), just to name a few that are well known to make more than advertised. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 3.0 is making 10%+ more power than advertised, and I don't know why everyone here is taking this so personal.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
At the same time there have been MANY cases of cars making a lot MORE than advertised HP.

2003 Cobra(390 advertised vs 390WHP), the new Supra (335 advertised but usually make 390WHP easy) , Coyote Mustangs, C8 Corvettes, new 911 Carrera S (442 vs 490+WHP), just to name a few that are well known to make more than advertised. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 3.0 is making 10%+ more power than advertised, and I don't know why everyone here is taking this so personal.
Thank you for being reasonable, finally someone who is using their brain enters the thread lol
Sponsored