Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I’ve gotta agree with the other guys. If this puppy’s make 500 ft/lbs you can rake it to the bank FCA would advertise it as such. I’ve driven an EcoD in my 1500 for 4 years, mine has a GDE tune and runs great, tows great, BUT there is no way it makes 500+ ft/lbs torque, 460would closer. You are talking power levels similar to what Gale Banks was getting from pretty seriously modded EcoD’s a couple years ago. Ain’t happenin’ with a stock motor. Either (the dude running the Dino made a mistake, or the Dino’s messed up . No other options exist. Question, why would you deliberately flog a new engine on a 50k vehicle? please Don’t complain if your Jeep decides it wants to drink a quart of oil every 500 miles...
Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I’ve gotta agree with the other guys. If this puppy’s make 500 ft/lbs you can rake it to the bank FCA would advertise it as such. I’ve driven an EcoD in my 1500 for 4 years, mine has a GDE tune and runs great, tows great, BUT there is no way it makes 500+ ft/lbs torque, 460would closer. You are talking power levels similar to what Gale Banks was getting from pretty seriously modded EcoD’s a couple years ago. Ain’t happenin’ with a stock motor. Either (the dude running the Dino made a mistake, or the Dino’s messed up . No other options exist. Question, why would you deliberately flog a new engine on a 50k vehicle? please Don’t complain if your Jeep decides it wants to drink a quart of oil every 500 miles...
Funny that’s exactly WHY I broke it in on a Dyno. Diesels are high compression motors meant to be run under load. I’m not going to get into a discussion of hard break in vs soft baby the motor break in. Obviously I feel the hard break in was the way to go on this motor.

And it if blew up bone stock with less than 100 miles on Jeep wouldn’t have done anything other than kiss my ass, apologize and put in a brand new motor for free.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
Not much experience with dynos here but recently had my 2016 Duramax dynoed for an emissions. Peak numbers were around 350hp and over 3100lb/ft at rear wheels. When I asked about the disparity I got a convolute explanation of magnified torque at the rear wheels. All new to me even as a career Attack helicopter pilot/instructor pilot where torque is life. Just struck a memory with OPs post.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Not much experience with dynos here but recently had my 2016 Duramax dynoed for an emissions. Peak numbers were around 350hp and over 3100lb/ft at rear wheels. When I asked about the disparity I got a convolute explanation of magnified torque at the rear wheels. All new to me even as a career Attack helicopter pilot/instructor pilot where torque is life. Just struck a memory with OPs post.
At least I’m not the only one this crazy shit happens to lol!

I will post up the actual power pulls when I get them. My gut tells me that’s the answer everyone is looking for and the Dyno was NOT reading right without being in recording mode. (Contrary to what the dude running it said once again)

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What axle ratio did they put in?

Did they correctly enter 3.73 or mistakenly assumed 4.10 because it’s a Rubicon?

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
What axle ratio did they put in?

Did they correctly enter 3.73 or mistakenly assumed 4.10 because it’s a Rubicon?
3.73 for sure. I was standing there answering all the dudes questions while he input it into the computer. It was also marked as a 3.0L Diesel motor wise

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Side question: does anyone happen to know where I can tap into the reverse light circuit under the hood?

So I can use it for an auxiliary trigger on my SPOD Bantom without having to pull a wire all the way from the tail light to the engine bay

If anyone knows an under hood or nearby location I can tap it please reply!

KB34

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 4 Door, 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited X, 1978 Trans am
They can’t cross at 5250 because the diesel can’t rev that high. But it’s obvious the setup and results are all wrong regardless.
No they always cross at 5252 because of the HP/TQ formula. that is where the numbers will equal each other..

HP = TQ*(RPM/5252)

Sponsored

The Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper, TJ, JLUR
No they always cross at 5252 because of the HP/TQ formula. that is where the numbers will equal each other..

HP = TQ*(RPM/5252)
I think he is saying that you will never see the hp and torque cross because the engine will never reach that point being that it is a low rev motor and can't reach 5252 rpm.

KB34

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think he is saying that you will never see the hp and torque cross because the engine will never reach that point being that it is a low rev motor and can't reach 5252 rpm.
Valid point. I think there is something messed up in their set up. No way the motor is pushing that much torque. I don't think the trans could handle that much torque

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
In FCA we're talking about a company that highly advertised a 9.6 second quarter mile time for the first Demon. Never mind that no magazine has been able to get close to breaking into the 9s. Let's just say that FCA is optimistic in their performance estimates. If this engine made over 260/442 they'd be the first to trumpet it from the rooftops.

KB34

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.73 for sure. I was standing there answering all the dudes questions while he input it into the computer. It was also marked as a 3.0L Diesel motor wise
Based off Jeep's website rubicon has a 4.10 rear gear even with the diesel. There's your problem..