rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
At the same time there have been MANY cases of cars making a lot MORE than advertised HP.

2003 Cobra(390 advertised vs 390WHP), the new Supra (335 advertised but usually make 390WHP easy) , Coyote Mustangs, C8 Corvettes, new 911 Carrera S (442 vs 490+WHP), just to name a few that are well known to make more than advertised. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 3.0 is making 10%+ more power than advertised, and I don't know why everyone here is taking this so personal.
FCA lost credibility with me when they flooded the advertising a few years back touting a 9.6 second quarter mile for the Demon. No automotive magazines have broken the 10 second mark yet. Usually manufacturers claims are replicable.

The Rubicon 392 is also likely blowing sunshine with their 13.0 second quarter mile claim. All of the publications will test one - wait and see what they end up with.

Advertisement

Last edited:
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
FCA lost credibility with me when they flooded the advertising a few years back touting a 9.6 second quarter mile for the Demon. No automotive magazines have broken the 10 second mark. Usually manufacturers claims a replicable.

The Rubicon 392 is also likely blowing sunshine with their 13.0 second quarter mile claim. All of the publications will test one - wait and see what they end up with.
The sun shines even on a dog’s ass every once in a while ;)

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR | 2020 JLUR-D | 2016 Corvette Z06
Occupation
Video Creator
Dynos can vary so much in their reporting its almost impossible to use them as a reference for actual horsepower ask anyone with a dyno and they will explain that dynos are good for using as a reference with installing mods and tuning and measuring gain. You could have two dynos of the same model and get different results, nevermind how different types of dynos are and their results. The dyno I used on my Ecodiesel is known for outputting low numbers. For reference my c7 z06 corvettee manual dynod at 537hp /581 lbft (rated at 650/650 crank) on the same dyno, so its a good comparison as that is a heavily dynod car.

OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Dynos can vary so much in their reporting its almost impossible to use them as a reference for actual horsepower ask anyone with a dyno and they will explain that dynos are good for using as a reference with installing mods and tuning and measuring gain. You could have two dynos of the same model and get different results, nevermind how different types of dynos are and their results. The dyno I used on my Ecodiesel is known for outputting low numbers. For reference my c7 z06 corvettee manual dynod at 537hp /581 lbft (rated at 650/650 crank) on the same dyno, so its a good comparison as that is a heavily dynod car.
Thanks for chiming in @Casey250 , it’s nice to hear from someone else in this thread who has actually Dyno’d their own 3.0 Diesel Wrangler :please:

gijohn56

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I had mine dyno a few months ago at the Weekend on the Edge in Utah. they were only doing horsepower not torque so I have no idea what my torque was but my horsepower come out to be 245 hp where as Casey250 video showed 220hp He got his jeep the first of the year where as I got mine at the later part of this year. So yes there could be a different tune. there also could be that casey250 was done near sea level where as mine was done at 4500 ft above sea level.

An engineer friend that works one torque figures all the time figured my rear wheel torque to be about 428lb-ft. which comes close to what FCA advertises.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I can see why the bumper would be all scuffed up due to poor transport handling, but WTF happened here?
I had mine dyno a few months ago at the Weekend on the Edge in Utah. they were only doing horsepower not torque so I have no idea what my torque was but my horsepower come out to be 245 hp where as Casey250 video showed 220hp He got his jeep the first of the year where as I got mine at the later part of this year. So yes there could be a different tune. there also could be that casey250 was done near sea level where as mine was done at 4500 ft above sea level.

An engineer friend that works one torque figures all the time figured my rear wheel torque to be about 428lb-ft. which comes close to what FCA advertises.
I believe that the dyno adjusts for elevation. 220bhp versus 245bhp is close enough that I'd chalk it up to variances between dynos.

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement