Sponsored

2021 2.0L JL coolant leak at 5400 miles

uraeu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Snap on 1/4" drive ratchet with Torx bit. It's a real PITA to get in there.
I tried to get in there.... It's more than PITA.... It's a PITD.... No way I can squeeze my hand there with a tool from the top, the top screw has not enough clearance from the hose at that angle... Gonna try from the bottom, unless anyone has other recommendations how to get to it...
Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I tried to get in there.... It's more than PITA.... It's a PITD.... No way I can squeeze my hand there with a tool from the top, the top screw has not enough clearance from the hose at that angle... Gonna try from the bottom, unless anyone has other recommendations how to get to it...
I hear you, I scratched the crap out of my hand (both coming in from the top and bottom) - but was able to get in there.

uraeu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I hear you, I scratched the crap out of my hand (both coming in from the top and bottom) - but was able to get in there.
so how did you end up doing it? Is there a way to disassemble some things pretty easily or just squeeze in with existing stuff in place?

I don't want to get it till the dealer so I'm going to try to drive it in on Wednesday. If I can't fix it before, just keep an eye out the engine temperature and add coolant as necessary I guess

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
so how did you end up doing it? Is there a way to disassemble some things pretty easily or just squeeze in with existing stuff in place?

I don't want to get it till the dealer so I'm going to try to drive it in on Wednesday. If I can't fix it before, just keep an eye out the engine temperature and add coolant as necessary I guess
I did not move anything out of the way but instead just squeezed my hand in from the top to get to the top bolt, removed it fully and applied thread lock and tightened the bolt. Next, I came in from the bottom of the vehicle (right above the diff) and removed the bottom bolt and applied thread lock and tightened the bolt.
Sponsored