Sponsored

2021 2.0L JL coolant leak at 5400 miles

3sportthing

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep unlimited rubicon (2.0L turbo)
I drove to work today and after parking and exiting the vehicle, I could smell a sweet odor coming from my jeep. Looked under the vehicle and noticed a large leak forming under the front of the vehicle. Checked the coolant reservoir and it appeared to have plenty of coolant left. I Immediately called roadside assist (800-334-9200) and had it towed (flatbed) to the dealership. The service manager told me they would look into the issue.

Kinda bummed to have this happen after only 5400 miles. Love my jeep but this kinda crap never happened to any of my yotas.

Anyone think it’s worth buying the Mopar Max care?

pic of my jeepcoolant running over to the vehicle parked next to mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 2.0L JL coolant leak at 5400 miles E2D2531A-5961-4FEE-ABEB-6E62F497D5AC
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Just get it fixed and sell it, buy another yota
^^^^^THIS!!! Resale values are high right now, take your profit and get a Toyota. I'd have taken a look to see where the leak was coming from, could be the hose came off the overflow tank.

Edit: This issue is most likely no big deal. If a little coolant on the ground is freaking you out, maybe Jeep ownership is not for you.

OP
OP

3sportthing

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^^THIS!!! Resale values are high right now, take your profit and get a Toyota. I'd have taken a look to see where the leak was coming from, could be the hose came off the overflow tank.

Edit: This issue is most likely no big deal. If a little coolant on the ground is freaking you out, maybe Jeep ownership is not for you.
Nah, it was pouring out after I briefly moved it on the street for the flatbed to load it. I’d hate for that to happen out in the middle of nowhere.

Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger

I will be the first to say Chrysler has never had what I would call good build quality but Toyotas and Hondas have had their fair share of issues. Shit is gonna break on any vehicle regardless of build quality especially when manufacturers are trying to build vehicles as fast as possible. Friends with new 4Runners have had some issues and they paid significantly more for a TRD than I will for my build.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I will be the first to say Chrysler has never had what I would call good build quality but Toyotas and Hondas have had their fair share of issues. Shit is gonna break on any vehicle regardless of build quality especially when manufacturers are trying to build vehicles as fast as possible. Friends with new 4Runners have had some issues and they paid significantly more for a TRD than I will for my build.
This is my first legacy "Chrysler" vehicle. I've owned a stack of GMs, Hondas and Toyotas. Things break, that is why you get a warranty. I had a 2014 Tacoma that was a drama factory, and I traded it in same model year for a 2014 Tundra that I own to this day. My Tundra hasn't been without problems, but the upkeep and repairs are worth it to keep the truck. Same with my 2002 Civic, I still have it original clutch at 275K, had it's own drama. Keep the vehicles you love, sell the ones you don't.

Of our 4 vehicles the Jeep is our kids favorite.

Blue ruby

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon
2021 2.0 coolant leak
Wife called and said something was running out of the front of her Jeep ('21 Wrangler with 6200 miles). After a 6 1/2 hour wait for roadside assistance had it flat bedded to the dealer. "Coolant tube gasket leaking" . Don't have in stock will be in next Tuesday, hopefully they can repair same day.

OP
OP

3sportthing

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got my jeep back from being serviced. I was told the bolts that hold the water pump had backed out enough to allow for coolant leak passed the gasket. They replaced the gasket, used a heat resistant thread lock for the bolts to prevent them from backing out again and re-torqued them.
The service manager did mention that there was a batch of wranglers delivered in mid Nov 2021 that have been having this issue.

Sponsored

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
Mine let loose Wednesday. After reading all these post about this problem. I am baffled at all them having between 8000 and 10000 miles. Seems so odd to me that they went at about the same milage. Bolts had to be backing out a little every heat-cool cycle? Worst part about mine is I had it towed to dealer. What a mistake and a whole nother story altogether.

MissdaJK

First Name
Ingrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler Sport JK
I drove to work today and after parking and exiting the vehicle, I could smell a sweet odor coming from my jeep. Looked under the vehicle and noticed a large leak forming under the front of the vehicle. Checked the coolant reservoir and it appeared to have plenty of coolant left. I Immediately called roadside assist (800-334-9200) and had it towed (flatbed) to the dealership. The service manager told me they would look into the issue.

Kinda bummed to have this happen after only 5400 miles. Love my jeep but this kinda crap never happened to any of my yotas.

E2D2531A-5961-4FEE-ABEB-6E62F497D5AC.jpeg
I just went through the same thing with my 2021 Willy yesterday. Had to have it towed to dealer. Still waiting to hear back.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 2.0L JL coolant leak at 5400 miles E2D2531A-5961-4FEE-ABEB-6E62F497D5AC
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Had to have my 2021 Willy <11000 towed to the dealership and still waiting to hear back.

MissdaJK

First Name
Ingrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler Sport JK
Mine let loose Wednesday. After reading all these post about this problem. I am baffled at all them having between 8000 and 10000 miles. Seems so odd to me that they went at about the same milage. Bolts had to be backing out a little every heat-cool cycle? Worst part about mine is I had it towed to dealer. What a mistake and a whole nother story altogether.
Any advice from your experience?
Sponsored