First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
So the dealership has had it in their shop for 4 weeks. Was told they would have the trans yesterday. Called for an update and now they won't have it until 4/27. Everytime I call them I get a different story. Is this just the world we live in now with supply chain issues or does this Jeep Dealership have the WORST service dept I've ever dealt with.
I think it’s the world we live in, my F150 was in the shop over 30 days for computer updates etc. they needed a few parts. One was found in OK, only one in US. Overnight shipping was several days..
Sponsored

Birdsong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wangler, 2021 Silverado Z71
In 2006 I bought a new TJ, the transmission failed in the first week, the dealership replaced it and i drove that Jeep for 9 more year’s without a single issue. Mechanical crap breaks sometimes. Sucks, but it’s the nature of the beast.

karlosmi

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 94 YJ
I have to say that getting Customer Care involved was the best thing I did. My case worker was very responsive and even though the parts they initially replaced didn't fix it, she got them expedited and delivered to the dealership in a few days.
That's great that you had that experience - a week after I contacted JeepScares, I got a response that they were trying to reach me (my phone rings real good!) and that the dealer I told them the vehicle was located at does not have the vehicle. Nice! Here I am 47 days into this debacle and no closer to resolution. I hate being told that I am unresponsive and my case will be closed blah blah! Nothing has ever been done in regard to my open case with them! Reach another rep and they don't do anything - have to talk to your case worker.

JackJeep

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
@JeepCares
Seems I’m having the same problem, though complete failure has not yet occurred. The dealer told me there is nothing they can do because the transmission hasn’t thrown a code yet…even though I get the blinking transmission light and notification to shift to park. I also have surging/sudden acceleration as it shifts from 2nd to 3rd, and 3rd to 4th. The dealer also said when it does finally go, there is a backorder on transmissions with no ETA given for shipping.

So I’m left with a Jeep whose transmission is going to fail, but won’t be fixed until it does…dealer said there is nothing they can do. And then charged me for diagnosing an obvious warrantee issue. Knowing failure is coming, I am afraid to drive it on long trips for fear of getting stuck. Has anyone had any luck getting it replaced without a code?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
@JeepCares
Seems I’m having the same problem, though complete failure has not yet occurred. The dealer told me there is nothing they can do because the transmission hasn’t thrown a code yet…even though I get the blinking transmission light and notification to shift to park. I also have surging/sudden acceleration as it shifts from 2nd to 3rd, and 3rd to 4th. The dealer also said when it does finally go, there is a backorder on transmissions with no ETA given for shipping.

So I’m left with a Jeep whose transmission is going to fail, but won’t be fixed until it does…dealer said there is nothing they can do. And then charged me for diagnosing an obvious warrantee issue. Knowing failure is coming, I am afraid to drive it on long trips for fear of getting stuck. Has anyone had any luck getting it replaced without a code?
Go to a different dealership that actually has the capability to diagnose problems. A transmission is not a magic box that has to be replaced as a whole every time.

JackJeep

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
@JeepCares

Just thought I would update my post...

My transmission finally registered a code after I was stuck facing forward in a parking spot, unable to get the vehicle into reverse. Fortunately gravity was on my side and I was able to put it in neutral and roll back just far enough to make my way out and head directly to the dealership. This happened the week prior to Christmas and the dealership was booking appointments for the first week of January, but said they would do their best to look at it sooner. I called them on January 6th, looking to see if they had an update, only to be surprised by them telling me the transmission was replaced and I could pick it up that afternoon.

I'm going to chalk this one up as win for me and a potentially bad situation handled well by Jeep and the dealership. Hope anyone else with this issue has similar success!
Sponsored