2020 Wrangler Transmission failed

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy Sport 4x4
Sorry for our delayed response here, Azreed2000 and Thomas Wenk. Have these concerns been resolved at this time? If not, please separately private message our team with more details so we can discuss how to proceed. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares
I did message you. This is my update from email.
At this time we are still attempting to expedite the part. The order has been upgraded to the highest priority we do not have an updated ETA as of now but will have one soon. Are you in need of a rental vehicle?

Attention Jeep owners if you need a transmission part good luck! Jeep has been at dealership for 10 days now, 560 miles on a 2021 Jeep Wrangler already needs a valve body for the transmission, If its not the valve body they will have to replace the transmission. Very frustrated.
Sponsored

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I did message you. This is my update from email.
At this time we are still attempting to expedite the part. The order has been upgraded to the highest priority we do not have an updated ETA as of now but will have one soon. Are you in need of a rental vehicle?

Attention Jeep owners if you need a transmission part good luck! Jeep has been at dealership for 10 days now, 560 miles on a 2021 Jeep Wrangler already needs a valve body for the transmission, If its not the valve body they will have to replace the transmission. Very frustrated.
That's crazy. It's super frustrating at 44k miles but 560 is nuts! The dealership has been helpful and has given me a loaner vehicle but it's not the same.

I'm at about 2 weeks and I'm still waiting to find out whether the warranty department will replace the entire unit or break it down to replace the specific part. Right now they are still calling it an internal transmission error.

Jeep Cares is now involved and I should find out something more tomorrow.

I hope everyone else is getting good results from their respective dealerships... Meanwhile, it's a 2021 Cherokee that's 2wd and no options for me. I miss the JLUR!

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-door willys
I have a 2021 Willys w automatic transmission 2.0 turbo engine. It has 1,500 miles on it. Yesterday I went and started my car in the parking lot. Sat in it for a minute or two figuring out the best way to get to where I was going. Put the Jeep in Drive and it reved up but didnā€™t go, as if it was in neutral. Strange. I thought maybe I had put the parking brake on. Nope. Hit gas again and did not move but it revved up. So I put it back in park and it jerked. Then put it back in drive and it drove just fine. Drove 45 min w no issue but I called the dealership service dept who basically said if no codes went off (they didnā€™t) and they werenā€™t be able to reproduce it, they couldnā€™t fix it. They werenā€™t willing to even LOOK at it to see if they saw anything because they were too busy for me to come in. Very annoying and after reading I think this is a common issue which he must have known about.

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So updated 1/27/2021 Called FCA the case worker I'm working with has been not answering my emails or phone calls. So someone at FCA had the pleasure of talking with me. I am still told they have no ETA of the part there's not one to be found, I had jeep at dealer since 1/15/2021 it has 563 miles on odometer. Part number they are looking for is 68408601AF. I sure hope none of you have this problem with your Jeeps 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willy sport 4x4. As I'm typing I just received this email, Good Morning Mr. Wenk I reached out to the dealer regarding the option to have valve body rebuilt and I was advised that is not possible. I do apologize for the hassle but due to unfortunate circumstances in todays environment the production facility had a delay with parts. I'm sure you can imagine just how many of not just our company but Toyota Ford all companies production facilities have been affected with the crisis. We are staying on top of this and will get the part to the dealer as soon as possible.

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So updated 1/27/2021 Called FCA the case worker I'm working with has been not answering my emails or phone calls. So someone at FCA had the pleasure of talking with me. I am still told they have no ETA of the part there's not one to be found, I had jeep at dealer since 1/15/2021 it has 563 miles on odometer. Part number they are looking for is 68408601AF. I sure hope none of you have this problem with your Jeeps 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willy sport 4x4. As I'm typing I just received this email, Good Morning Mr. Wenk I reached out to the dealer regarding the option to have valve body rebuilt and I was advised that is not possible. I do apologize for the hassle but due to unfortunate circumstances in todays environment the production facility had a delay with parts. I'm sure you can imagine just how many of not just our company but Toyota Ford all companies production facilities have been affected with the crisis. We are staying on top of this and will get the part to the dealer as soon as possible.
Perhaps it's time for them to just give you a different vehicle from the lot and hold this one until parts come in. I can't imagine still making payments for a vehicle that you can't drive.

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Has anyone had the valve body for the transmission replaced?
Mine has been at the dealership since towed 1/15/2021 and they still cant locate a part.
560 miles on the speedometer this is crazy.
Did they give you a loaner, if so what?

I know a couple techs at local store where I buy my Jeeps. They told me that there is a lot of parts on back order, note this impacts every OEM, the supply chain is in rough shape.

I would push to have the who transmission replaced it they can't locate a valve body, and will guarantee any store that has a valve body on the shelf will not give it up knowing there are lot of backlogs.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
didn't know about park assist.

Basically if I have my doors off and put it in reverse without my seatbelt on the jeep with freeze itself and automatically park and not move until seatbelt is on or park and unpark the vehicle.
There are these items, which may prove useful for your application.

Someone I know had same issue and was able to determine the cause. They would back up their car every day out of the driveway and before letting the jeep come to a complete stop, while going backwards still in a fraction of a second, both him and his wife would shift to go forward.

Well that little moment going backwards still while shifting forwards did them in. After being mindful of it they haven't had a problem again.
By way of example, p. 220 of the 2020 Owner's Manual references this very subject:
  • Shift into or out of PARK or REVERSE only after the vehicle has come to a complete stop.
  • Do not shift between PARK, REVERSE, NEUTRAL, or DRIVE when the engine is above idle speed.
  • Before shifting into any gear, make sure your foot is firmly pressing the brake pedal.

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

I know a couple techs at local store where I buy my Jeeps. They told me that there is a lot of parts on back order, note this impacts every OEM, the supply chain is in rough shape.

I would push to have the who transmission replaced it they can't locate a valve body, and will guarantee any store that has a valve body on the shelf will not give it up knowing there are lot of backlogs.
I can't even get my service manager to call me regularly to let me know what's going on. It was great communication at first, but now it's just frustrating. They can't even tell me what exactly is broke on it.

I was able to get a loaner vehicle but it's a base model 2WD Cherokee and it's now affected my vacation plans.

Latest message from the dealership: Steve said he talked to our area tech-rep. He is finding a contact at the powertrain warranty center who can get in touch with Steve and hopefully resolve this issue.

Jeep Cares was supposed to call me yesterday to give me a heads up on my rig but they didn't.

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I was offered a loaner, I didn't take them up on that one. They will be paying me for down time per day. I suggested that they rebuild the valve body, was told they cant do that. I asked about a trade on another Jeep +2,000.00 more than my model, They came up with I would have to come up with 10,000.00 more cash for the trade, I said Hell NO! As to replace the transmission they are dragging there feet, I could only imagine they probably cant find one of those either.

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was offered a loaner, I didn't take them up on that one. They will be paying me for down time per day. I suggested that they rebuild the valve body, was told they cant do that. I asked about a trade on another Jeep +2,000.00 more than my model, They came up with I would have to come up with 10,000.00 more cash for the trade, I said Hell NO! As to replace the transmission they are dragging there feet, I could only imagine they probably cant find one of those either.
I wish you luck on the downtime per day. I'm at 2 weeks and they can't tell me anything about it yet.

Sponsored

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Update on mine after 2 weeks... I received this in an email.

"The dealer is currently waiting for our Powertrain Center to authorize the repair/replacement transmission. Authorization is required from the Powertrain center before any repairs and replacements can be done."

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLUR
So my neighbor has a 19 Grand Cherokee Limited blah blah with about 10k miles. He was pulling into his garage and it took a shit. We got it into the garage and he had it towed. Some how transmission fluid got into the clutch and destroyed the clutch sending metal fragments into the trans. Anyway...FCA told him ZERO.....ZERO transmissions were available in the US. He has been out of a vehicle for 2 weeks with absolutely no eta. It just makes you :puke::puke:

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps it's time for them to just give you a different vehicle from the lot and hold this one until parts come in. I can't imagine still making payments for a vehicle that you can't
So my neighbor has a 19 Grand Cherokee Limited blah blah with about 10k miles. He was pulling into his garage and it took a shit. We got it into the garage and he had it towed. Some how transmission fluid got into the clutch and destroyed the clutch sending metal fragments into the trans. Anyway...FCA told him ZERO.....ZERO transmissions were available in the US. He has been out of a vehicle for 2 weeks with absolutely no eta. It just makes you :puke::puke:
Sounds about right. Amazing if we break down were s out of luck.

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I got a call from both Jeep Cares and the dealership today. They have finally approved the transmission to be completely replaced instead of being torn apart to try and repair it.

Unfortunately, the transmission units are on backorder and are not expected to be in for 10 to 30 days. Jeep Cares is working with the dealer to try to prioritize mine for the transmission but I can still expect to wait at least 2 weeks (if all goes well) before it's ready to go.

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a call from both Jeep Cares and the dealership today. They have finally approved the transmission to be completely replaced instead of being torn apart to try and repair it.

Unfortunately, the transmission units are on backorder and are not expected to be in for 10 to 30 days. Jeep Cares is working with the dealer to try to prioritize mine for the transmission but I can still expect to wait at least 2 weeks (if all goes well) before it's ready to go.
Best of luck I'm still waiting for an answer.
Sponsored