Sponsored

2020 Wrangler Transmission failed

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I got my Jeep back. They said it was a bent pin in a connector somewhere. It's been working for almost a week now without an issue. I'm still not convinced that it's fixed for good.
Should your concerns return, we are here to help. Our team is always available in private message for assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Joe4369

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Should your concerns return, we are here to help. Our team is always available in private message for assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I have to say that getting Customer Care involved was the best thing I did. My case worker was very responsive and even though the parts they initially replaced didn't fix it, she got them expedited and delivered to the dealership in a few days.

timd99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
2021 JL 880 miles. Same problem, transmission is shot. Dealer told me today (after not looking at it for 3 days) that they already ordered a new transmission, and they hope to have it back to me at the end of next week. Uh huh. Not confident even when I hopefully get it back that I can even drive this vehicle down to get grocieries, and don't trust my dealer to be even semi honest with me.

Yes, 2.0 I4.

Dealer refused to give me a loaner, or comp rental costs. My only option now is spending my own money to just make sure I have a daily driver. For however long this takes.

@Jeepwaves this is not now Jeep life is supposed to work. I get things happen, but that's not how any of this is supposed to work.

Last edited:

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
2021 JL 880 miles. Same problem, transmission is shot. Dealer told me today (after not looking at it for 3 days) that they already ordered a new transmission, and they hope to have it back to me at the end of next week. Uh huh. Not confident even when I hopefully get it back that I can even drive this vehicle down to get grocieries, and don't trust my dealer to be even semi honest with me.

Yes, 2.0 I4.

Dealer refused to give me a loaner, or comp rental costs. My only option now is spending my own money to just make sure I have a daily driver. For however long this takes.

@Jeepwaves this is not now Jeep life is supposed to work. I get things happen, but that's not how any of this is supposed to work.
Most dealers suck. Absolutely worst part about owning a Jeep. You have to call Jeep corporate to start a case, then you might get a loaner or at least rental reimbursement. If I had the number handy, I'd post it here for you. But you should be able to find it on this forum or via a web search easily.

@JeepCares here on the forum was useless for me, but others have had success that way.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Yes, 2.0 I4.

Hi there.

We would be happy to look into your concerns further, but we cannot guarantee any certain outcome. If you're interested, please send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Melhoobs

First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler.
Been a while since I checked on this thread, really seems like transmission problems are on the back burner here.

G'luck to those that are trying to get this repaired, gotta be a rough time to deal w/ this now!
Just my luck!
I was

Scar72

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sequoia, 2017 Mazda CX5
Had the same issue happen to my wife on Friday night. Stopped at an intersection, light changed and she hit the gas and nothing. Engine light came on, D started flashing and told her to shift to park. Had to put the transfer case in neutral to push it into a parking lot. It's at the dealership now haven't heard any updates. 2020 JLU Sahara with about 25,000 miles, 3.6 - V6.

@JeepCares might need some help with this.

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm glad it didn't cause an accident and that she's okay. Hopefully they will be able to get it resolved quickly for you. Mine was out for months while waiting for a new transmission. Supply lines are much better now though. Somehow, 4th gear fragged itself and it didn't manifest until I tried to go at the green arrow.

Jeep Cares was helpful for me.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
2020 Wangler JL Sahara unlimited just 2 1/2 months old (3k miles on it) stopped at light and refused to reverse or move forward. Engine light came up when the issue occurred. When shifting the gear to D (gear D blinks), it says shift to P . I am very upset with the transmission issue on my new Wrangler JL. Jeep was towed by Chrysler Road side assistance (Scheduling road side assistance was quick and easy, but it took 90 minutes to reach me). Jeep is with dealer now, based on the diagnostics code, service dept. said transmission must be replaced. Parts ordered, wait time 3 - 4 days for parts. I have opened a case with Jeep on this issue. The customer service representative said, this is the first time she is hearing about the transmission issue on 2020 Wrangler JL!

Any one experienced similar issue.
My wifes Kia Soul had a transmission problem at about 25,000 miles. Kia got hacked right after the dealership diagnosed the problem, plus they were having supply chain problems. The dealership had the car for 2 1/2 months before they got a transmission in. We had a dealer loaner car and my wife put 3500 miles on it during the time. We got a new transmission and 3500 less miles on her car.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Had the same issue happen to my wife on Friday night. Stopped at an intersection, light changed and she hit the gas and nothing. Engine light came on, D started flashing and told her to shift to park. Had to put the transfer case in neutral to push it into a parking lot. It's at the dealership now haven't heard any updates. 2020 JLU Sahara with about 25,000 miles, 3.6 - V6.

@JeepCares might need some help with this.
Feel free to send us a private message if you need support while your Jeep is at the dealer, Scar72.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Scar72

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So just heard back from the dealership and the transmission needs to be replaced. Transmissions are currently on back order with no ETA available. Keeping my fingers crossed they find one soon.

I sent a private message to jeepCares so hopefully they can help.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So just heard back from the dealership and the transmission needs to be replaced. Transmissions are currently on back order with no ETA available. Keeping my fingers crossed they find one soon.

I sent a private message to jeepCares so hopefully they can help.
We have responded to your private message. Please review it when you have a moment. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
My neighbor has a Grand Cherokee. 73K on it, and the trans had to be replaced. Fortunately, she had a extended warranty policy. But her deductible, was $1000.

XPLOR3

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR WHITE
My wife was driving the jeep today and hit some potholes on the road. Service transmission message came up and jeep would shift strange. She stopped on the side of the road, when I got to her opened the fuse box and some of the fuses were not seated.
Started the jeep and it was back to normal. Thankfully was simple solution for me. Good luck guys

Scar72

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the dealership has had it in their shop for 4 weeks. Was told they would have the trans yesterday. Called for an update and now they won't have it until 4/27. Everytime I call them I get a different story. Is this just the world we live in now with supply chain issues or does this Jeep Dealership have the WORST service dept I've ever dealt with.
Sponsored