2020 Wrangler Transmission failed

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It does seem that way, but I have heard similar stories about the v6.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
So mine had only 344 miles after it decided to misfire and jerk a lot. CEL turned on did everything i could to figure it out and nothing. Took it to the dealer and they said its the valve body defected. Itā€™s been more than a week and they should be ā€œfixing itā€ by the end of this week. But I honestly think thereā€™s something more to that so idk
Transmissions don't misfire.

bastgod

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Is it me, or does it seem this problem has been limited to the 2.0T in this thread?
I've done an extensive amount of research on this issue. The 2.0T is always the common factor from what I've found.

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've done an extensive amount of research on this issue. The 2.0T is always the common factor from what I've found.
I hope they've solved it now that it's been replaced. I really don't want to go through this again later.

Joe4369

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I think I have you all beat - 2021 JLUR with 2.0T and 230 miles - we're still on the tank of gas from the dealer. While I was out of town, my wife took my son for ice cream and came back and couldn't start the Jeep. All the lights in the dash were on and had a message to service the transmission. "Roadside Assistance" came and I talked to the tow truck driver on the phone. My wife had already pulled the manual park release so he didn't drag it onto the flatbed. I told him we couldn't turn anything off and I asked him to disconnect the battery when he got the Jeep to the dealership. His reply, "I don't have any tools to do that but the dealership will charge the battery back up" - seriously? So, the Jeep was towed last Sunday and I found out yesterday that it needs a TCM and Valve Body. I was given a Compass as a loaner. I don't blame the dealer for this but a Compass? I opened a case with FCA and they've been very nice but there is no ETA on the valve body. I read all the posts in this thread and I'm not very optimistic. Does it help to also include @JeepCares?

Sponsored

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think I have you all beat - 2021 JLUR with 2.0T and 230 miles - we're still on the tank of gas from the dealer. While I was out of town, my wife took my son for ice cream and came back and couldn't start the Jeep. All the lights in the dash were on and had a message to service the transmission. "Roadside Assistance" came and I talked to the tow truck driver on the phone. My wife had already pulled the manual park release so he didn't drag it onto the flatbed. I told him we couldn't turn anything off and I asked him to disconnect the battery when he got the Jeep to the dealership. His reply, "I don't have any tools to do that but the dealership will charge the battery back up" - seriously? So, the Jeep was towed last Sunday and I found out yesterday that it needs a TCM and Valve Body. I was given a Compass as a loaner. I don't blame the dealer for this but a Compass? I opened a case with FCA and they've been very nice but there is no ETA on the valve body. I read all the posts in this thread and I'm not very optimistic. Does it help to also include @JeepCares?
I would... I don't know if it made a difference in the time, but I had regular updates from them.

Sorry about your rig. I know how frustrating it is. Makes me feel uncomfortable driving mine after it was repaired if the new ones are still having problems.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for tagging us and we are sorry to hear of your situation, Joe4369. Since you already have a case created, you are working with Jeep Cares already and they will be in the best position to help you out moving forward. If you'd like though, we can update your case/review notes and provide insight if needed, just send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Hoppy Toad

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
My 2020 JL 8 speed auto has a bad transmission valve body. Hoping that the dealer is able to get the one and only available part today, otherwise I'm SOL for who knows how long. 14,000 miles. Problems with transfer case jumping out of 4lo. Last week, in a dry river bed and transfer case and transmission would not engage, until I turned vehicle off and on.

Joe4369

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
My 2020 JL 8 speed auto has a bad transmission valve body. Hoping that the dealer is able to get the one and only available part today, otherwise I'm SOL for who knows how long. 14,000 miles. Problems with transfer case jumping out of 4lo. Last week, in a dry river bed and transfer case and transmission would not engage, until I turned vehicle off and on.
I was just notified that my valve body already arrived at the dealership and should be fixed by Monday. Maybe opening the case with FCA actually expedited it. Give it a shot.

Hoppy Toad

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I was just notified that my valve body already arrived at the dealership and should be fixed by Monday. Maybe opening the case with FCA actually expedited it. Give it a shot.
Happy for you. How does one contact FCA? Part was unavailable, so now, it's wait and see when supply chain catches up, a real bummer. No off roading until it arrives. Service advisor states that this is a common failure due to a bad design. One would think if this is so, that Jeep would have made corrections etc. instead of waiting for parts to fail.

Sponsored

Joe4369

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Happy for you. How does one contact FCA? Part was unavailable, so now, it's wait and see when supply chain catches up, a real bummer. No off roading until it arrives. Service advisor states that this is a common failure due to a bad design. One would think if this is so, that Jeep would have made corrections etc. instead of waiting for parts to fail.
I was enrolled in Jeep Wave when I purchased. You can sign up here https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html and just call them. You will get a person who takes your info and forwards it to a case worker. Yeah, it's definitely a bummer not having your vehicle. I just traded in a 2018 JLUR with 30k miles and never had a single problem with it. Wish I could go back in time and get the V6 like my other one.

Joe4369

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Well, I got the call Friday to pickup my Jeep. They replaced the TCM and valve body. I got in and it wouldn't start - same problem, same error messages!

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well, I got the call Friday to pickup my Jeep. They replaced the TCM and valve body. I got in and it wouldn't start - same problem, same error messages!
Oooff. Somebody at the service center messed up there. That's terrible!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Joe! Sorry to hear that! If you're returning to the dealer and need assistance, please send us a private message with details, we are happy to help.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Joe4369

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Joe! Sorry to hear that! If you're returning to the dealer and need assistance, please send us a private message with details, we are happy to help.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I got my Jeep back. They said it was a bent pin in a connector somewhere. It's been working for almost a week now without an issue. I'm still not convinced that it's fixed for good.
Sponsored