2020 Wrangler Transmission failed

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I did not notice anything like this clunk when going into reverse or out of the ordinary prior to having my failure issue. Up until this happened I had been pretty satisfied with how it was operating and thought it was a smooth running transmission. Might be worth it for them to have a look but just be aware that parts may be scarce right now and if it does need something you may be Jeepless for a while.
"Jeepless" = no vehicle = BAD.

One downside to watching forums... despite all the awesomely great info on them, the horror stories and problems can't help but give ya the heebie-jeebies about any vehicle! :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

Dancmsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Sahara
@JeepCares

I have 6k miles on my jeep, and all of a sudden won't go into reverse, and has internet issues going forward climbing thru the gears. Took it to dealer and they said it looks like a transmission solenoid is bad, but they are still doing diagnostics should know more in a day or two.
Hello, My jeep has been having the same issues. What did they end up fixing? My jeep is currently at the dealership for the 3rd time. I have a loaner and am waiting to hear back.

Thanks - dan

Blondie7038

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
2020 Wangler JL Sahara unlimited just 2 1/2 months old (3k miles on it) stopped at light and refused to reverse or move forward. Engine light came up when the issue occurred. When shifting the gear to D (gear D blinks), it says shift to P . I am very upset with the transmission issue on my new Wrangler JL. Jeep was towed by Chrysler Road side assistance (Scheduling road side assistance was quick and easy, but it took 90 minutes to reach me). Jeep is with dealer now, based on the diagnostics code, service dept. said transmission must be replaced. Parts ordered, wait time 3 - 4 days for parts. I have opened a case with Jeep on this issue. The customer service representative said, this is the first time she is hearing about the transmission issue on 2020 Wrangler JL!

Any one experienced similar issue.
My 2020 was at the dealership for a month and a half waiting for new tranny. Less than 2,500kms. Just got it back and now the radio system is fried. Back to the dealership she goes! Iā€™m beyond frustrated!!!! Ford Brinco is looking GOOD!

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, My jeep has been having the same issues. What did they end up fixing? My jeep is currently at the dealership for the 3rd time. I have a loaner and am waiting to hear back.

Thanks - dan
ya they had to rebuild my transmission.. there was some sensor that was faulty, and they had to replace the whole upper assembly of some kind.. my dealership got it on the first try.. sorry you are having to go back in over and over.

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Iā€™m curious, what engine are you all having the trans issues with? The 6 cylinder or the 4?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @allthejeepthings,

Thank you tagging us. We're sorry that you have these concerns with your Jeep Wrangler. Please send us a private message for additional assistance while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Hello, I have the 2.0L I4 turbo E-torque.
Thank you. Just wondering if it is one engine type in particular that is having the trans issues.... I have the 6 cylinder. I believe yours is probably a bit quicker, but I was afraid to make that change Lolol.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
"Jeepless" = no vehicle = BAD.

One downside to watching forums... despite all the awesomely great info on them, the horror stories and problems can't help but give ya the heebie-jeebies about any vehicle! :fingerscrossed:
There is an estimate that 30% of forum negativity is either false or over exaggerated. Not to mention some of the owners cause their own problems and then shit all over FCA when they wonā€™t warranty the problem. Go to any forum and youā€™ll e the me thing, except the pass is higher with us Jeepers.

gr8jbull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon 2-dr 2.0L Auto
Aug 18, 2020... less than 1200miles on brand new 2020 JL Rubicon Recon 2.0L Auto and the transmission "failed." Sputtered a couple of times at 50mph, revved up, check engine lights came on, then would get out of 1st gear.
Worst part, Selling Dealership is acting like I am bothering them with requesting a loaner vehicle while waiting for diagnostic/repair on this $60k vehicle less than 10-days old.
Suggestions anyone?

Jason Bullard
Lubbock, TX

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Aug 18, 2020... less than 1200miles on brand new 2020 JL Rubicon Recon 2.0L Auto and the transmission "failed." Sputtered a couple of times at 50mph, revved up, check engine lights came on, then would get out of 1st gear.
Worst part, Selling Dealership is acting like I am bothering them with requesting a loaner vehicle while waiting for diagnostic/repair on this $60k vehicle less than 10-days old.
Suggestions anyone?

Jason Bullard
Lubbock, TX
Call Jeep Cares. We had to call and get a case started with them before the dealer would give us a loaner. Took about 2 days, huge pain. But the dealer finally gave us the loaner that we used for over a week while transmission was fixed.

877-426-5337

gr8jbull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon 2-dr 2.0L Auto
Call Jeep Cares. We had to call and get a case started with them before the dealer would give us a loaner. Took about 2 days, huge pain. But the dealer finally gave us the loaner that we used for over a week while transmission was fixed.

877-426-5337
Thank you for the insight & #...

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Suggestions anyone?

Jason Bullard
Lubbock, TX
Forget about how they act, get your loaner and let them figure it out!

Sorry to hear about the tranny!
Sponsored