2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimted Check Engine Light On

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Brand new JL I picked up 2 weeks ago. Before I get to the point, let me vent a bit, may or may not be relevant.

• Back up camera wasnt enabled when I picked it up
  • Found out after the fact that they had to put a new battery in before I picked it up
I don't believe any of the above is related to the current issue but sharing as its problems I have had and Im only at 500 miles. Here is whats going on. At 270 miles the check engine light came on. I tighted the gas cap as thats the usual culprit and nothing changes over time so take it to the dealer. I didnt write down the code but they said "its a vague code that indicates somethings loose but the light shut off at this point". I bring it in to have them go through everything and they could find nothing but did update the software incase it was a software bug and assured me nothing was wrong.

At 450 miles, the check engine light came on again. The code was the same (I was pissed so didnt write down the code again, shame on me this time) so I left my key and told them to fix it.

Is anyone else having issues with the CEL coming on on a brand new JL? Any guidance on how I push this thing, based on the items above my confidence in the dealer is not high. I am beyond frustrated and expect more out of a new vehicle. Weather is getting better and Im stuck riding around in some crappy loaner while my brand new car is sitting in the shop.
Sponsored

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Take a pic of the cel, and OBD2 code if you can. OBD 2 codes are generic and you can look up the code online. I hope it’s nothing serious, but post an update when it gets resolved.