DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Factory alarm.
Do you live in a place where you can return a new car within 3 days or anything? If so, I might take that one back and get another one.

edit: Sorry, went back and read the OP again. I was thinking you just got it yesterday.
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Check to make sure all the fuses and relays are fully seated. Other forum members have reported similar electrical issues that were resolved after pushing in loose fuses.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I had a previous vehicle that had very similar gremlins. I spent a lot of time chasing it down and being told it could be anywhere from $5 to $1,000 to fix. Thankfully I didn’t panic and was patient. Turned out the problem was literally just that the positive terminal on the battery was loose.

I know that doesn’t offer any help with your situation but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something super silly like that.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
So Wednesday June 10 I traded in my 2014 BMW 335i and bought a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys manual transmission, in less than 24 hours later and only 98 miles on the Jeep it won't start. The alarm won't disarm, the fob won’t unlock the doors and did I say it won't F*ing start. I am so mad and disappointed with Jeep. In the 3 years and 42 thousand miles the BMW never left me stranded. It seems like an electrical issue to me Where my Jeep won’t recognize the key.
Is this a common issue or did I buy a lemon?
9413318C-81BC-4A24-88AE-9219D003F23D.jpeg
4DA5056D-A092-44AF-80C1-A1B48663FCB0.jpeg
it is common with aux battery dying. Had mine go out at 4k miles but reading your later post you said the dealer charged your battery. That's a mistake because our dealer told us once aux battery has to be replaced then main battery has to be replaced as well. So go back and get it replaced.

Sponsored

OP
OP
richwme90

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
it is common with aux battery dying. Had mine go out at 4k miles but reading your later post you said the dealer charged your battery. That's a mistake because our dealer told us once aux battery has to be replaced then main battery has to be replaced as well. So go back and get it replaced.
I took it to a different dealer this time hopefully they can get it sorted out.

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I took it to a different dealer this time hopefully they can get it sorted out.
Dang. Sorry to hear of the troubles. I’m looking at purchasing a new Willys but I always have doubt in the back of my mind after reading posts like this. My wife daily drives a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I’ve had to replace the oil cooler after it cracked one winter, I’ve had abs wires corrode in half and currently I have a new radiator sitting in the garage for it. I always told her I wouldn’t buy another Jeep and then I found myself test driving wranglers for myself. What’s wrong with me? Anyway hope they get your Jeep sorted out and your experience gets better.

OP
OP
richwme90

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
So after 4 days the new dealer service department they says it’s a bad RF Hub module and they now have a new one on order.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Dang. Sorry to hear of the troubles. I’m looking at purchasing a new Willys but I always have doubt in the back of my mind after reading posts like this. My wife daily drives a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I’ve had to replace the oil cooler after it cracked one winter, I’ve had abs wires corrode in half and currently I have a new radiator sitting in the garage for it. I always told her I wouldn’t buy another Jeep and then I found myself test driving wranglers for myself. What’s wrong with me? Anyway hope they get your Jeep sorted out and your experience gets better.
Dont let one experience ruin it. yes there are some wranglers with issues out there. but to be honest i have one of the first JLU 18 wranglers ive had one issue on it and it was fixed within a week at the dealer ship and has been fine since. every car manufacture will have problems with a couple hundred or even a few thousand when making millions of them. if you like the way it feels driving and if you smile when you see it. then go for it.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

So after 4 days the new dealer service department they says it’s a bad RF Hub module and they now have a new one on order.
hopefully that's it. keep us updated. first ive heard of the RF unit being replaced. i'd also ask the new dealer if they where to change the aux battery would they recommend changing the main batt at the same time. If so, then ask them to swap that out since the other was just replaced. This should give you piece of mind.

Sponsored

OP
OP
richwme90

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after opening a case at Jeep Cares and getting no response I emailed the VP of Retail sales for FCA. About 6 hours later I got a call from the director of executive complaints. He told me that corporate would insure my Jeep was fixed properly or they would make it right. I got a text from the new dealers service department saying Corporate opened a Star case and they would not return my Jeep until FCA Corp was convinced that it was fixed. They also mentioned a possible buyback from FCA. So I guess I will wait a little longer. The FCA director Mike assured me that I would be compensated for my troubles.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
So after opening a case at Jeep Cares and getting no response I emailed the VP of Retail sales for FCA. About 6 hours later I got a call from the director of executive complaints. He told me that corporate would insure my Jeep was fixed properly or they would make it right. I got a text from the new dealers service department saying Corporate opened a Star case and they would not return my Jeep until FCA Corp was convinced that it was fixed. They also mentioned a possible buyback from FCA. So I guess I will wait a little longer. The FCA director Mike assured me that I would be compensated for my troubles.
it sounds more than just the battery. Could be harness. have them buy it back if you can or get in another wrangler. Once electrical issues start they don't end.

OP
OP
richwme90

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I picked it up Friday and they are confident they fixed it. They were able to duplicate the failure of it turning itself on and replaced the RF gateway module and kept it a few days and it didn’t do it again. So far it has been fine. I will drive it to work next week and see how it goes. Yesterday I installed the Smittybilt SRC side Armor that I bought a few weeks ago.

BBA62F63-1032-43A3-81BD-79644E357111.jpeg

0BEEBE75-8169-40FD-A1FD-5C1C0033C8B9.jpeg

LHuffman47

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
Looks great! Glad they got it going for you!

OP
OP
richwme90

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it has been a little over 2 months and 2,000 miles and no more starting issues. I just need to get the steering fixed and the rattle in my drivers door looked at. I booked an appointment for Friday to get everything else sorted out.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Wrangler JLU Willys won’t start owned less than 24 hours Jeep Aug9th
Sponsored