Sponsored

2020 Wrangler JL UConnect Navigation update for new exit numbers?

GaryA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
All,

I realize my vehicle is probably still considered as "new" however in my State, they just changed all the Exit numbers so thus when using my navigation and/or map option, the numbers are incorrect.

Does anyone know of any update to fix this?
Sponsored

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Built in Navigation usually a couple years behind. I prefer Apple Map or Google Map. Unfortunately map update usually not real time, not even close! So it might take a while before you see any updates.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
I'm in the same boat. No update available.

Of course leave it to MA. They've had 20 years to update the exit numbers and they wait till the last minute.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm in the same boat. No update available.

Of course leave it to MA. They've had 20 years to update the exit numbers and they wait till the last minute.
@Pegleg

Even if an update was made available, it would be out of date.... not current, about 2 seconds after the guy programming the Map update clicked on save file. Stock Nav on any and most vehicles today is a joke, Maps wise.

A traveler... someone using, dependent on GPS to Navigate ..... well his/her go to for maps/updated conditions/speed traps/lane changes/road closures/road hazards/arrival times and much much more should be Google Maps or Waze.

Google Maps and Waze are fluid.... changing/updating by the Milli-second.

Using the vehicles build in GPS's maps is laughable at best.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
@Pegleg

Even if an update was made available, it would be out of date.... not current, about 2 seconds after the guy programming the Map update clicked on save file. Stock Nav on any and most vehicles today is a joke, Maps wise.

A traveler... someone using, dependent on GPS to Navigate ..... well his/her go to for maps/updated conditions/speed traps/lane changes/road closures/road hazards/arrival times and much much more should be Google Maps or Waze.

Google Maps and Waze are fluid.... changing/updating by the Milli-second.

Using the vehicles build in GPS's maps is laughable at best.

Believe me I know about out of date maps on vehicle GPS. At this point in time I completely fail to understand why the people who make car GPS can't get it right. I'm just venting about the maps because I figure when we drop the kind of money we all did the damn thing should come with maps that are newer than 3 - 5 years old and maybe they should provided an update or 2 for free.

The problem with Google or Apple maps is that you really need a cell signal for them to work. If you have only GPS and didn't download maps ahead of time if you drop cell service you're out of business. It's not like it happens that often but when it does you are out of luck.

My wife and I took the Jeep on the first real road trip Memorial Day weekend. I decided I was going to use the Jeep's Nav system all weekend instead of the phone. It was a frustrating experience at best. Using voice commands to control everything when the car is motion is painful, especially when you have a passenger who could be running the unit. The search functionality into the POI database and/or the search algorithms were lacking. Several times I entered the name of a place I wanted to go and it could not find the place. Then I would enter the address (as found on the phone) and the Nav system would pop up with the name of the place. Clearly the data was in the system yet search was unable to find it. There were a few other things that bugged me also but I don't remember the specifics. I will definitely be using Android Auto and the phone for GPS.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Believe me I know about out of date maps on vehicle GPS. At this point in time I completely fail to understand why the people who make car GPS can't get it right. I'm just venting about the maps because I figure when we drop the kind of money we all did the damn thing should come with maps that are newer than 3 - 5 years old and maybe they should provided an update or 2 for free.

The problem with Google or Apple maps is that you really need a cell signal for them to work. If you have only GPS and didn't download maps ahead of time if you drop cell service you're out of business. It's not like it happens that often but when it does you are out of luck.

My wife and I took the Jeep on the first real road trip Memorial Day weekend. I decided I was going to use the Jeep's Nav system all weekend instead of the phone. It was a frustrating experience at best. Using voice commands to control everything when the car is motion is painful, especially when you have a passenger who could be running the unit. The search functionality into the POI database and/or the search algorithms were lacking. Several times I entered the name of a place I wanted to go and it could not find the place. Then I would enter the address (as found on the phone) and the Nav system would pop up with the name of the place. Clearly the data was in the system yet search was unable to find it. There were a few other things that bugged me also but I don't remember the specifics. I will definitely be using Android Auto and the phone for GPS.
@Pegleg

Actually with Google Maps you really don't need "cell signal", as long as you have maps downloaded and on your smartphone. Sure having cell service is best..

I have maps saved that cover all the States that I frequent yearly. (a bunch)

Before a trip to a specific State(s) I go to my downloaded maps and click "Update" so they are updated. Doing as mentioned only takes a few minutes.
Sponsored