RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

Pic of mine, 2020 JL Rubicon, looks like Gort missed the spot.

20200211_064931.jpg

JSPRUBI44

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
F9B0466C-D081-419A-81B4-80820E55A385.jpeg
2B6ED354-A9D9-47C4-9474-C66905DAB88C.jpeg
Hey guys. New member. Got my 2020 Rubicon Unlimited back in November.

I received the email about this recall.
July 2019 build.

called Jeep Wave first and they acted like they did not know much about it and that I’d have to call my dealer. Contacted my dealer and they too seemed unaware.

Here’s the process that I was told:
  • Would have to come in for an inspection first before anything could be repaired
  • If my vehicle was affected they would then order the part and repair the bracket and weld.
  • they did not state if it’s an entire new front axel
I went and inspected it myself and mine appears to be ok. pictures attached.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Weren’t welding issues a problem in 2018? Just sad that it’s still going on in 2020.

Sponsored

TigerDen

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Build date 10/19. Does this look ok?

IMG_0378.jpeg

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
F9B0466C-D081-419A-81B4-80820E55A385.jpeg
Hey guys. New member. Got my 2020 Rubicon Unlimited back in November.

I received the email about this recall.
July 2019 build.

called Jeep Wave first and they acted like they did not know much about it and that I’d have to call my dealer. Contacted my dealer and they too seemed unaware.

Here’s the process that I was told:
  • Would have to come in for an inspection first before anything could be repaired
  • If my vehicle was affected they would then order the part and repair the bracket and weld.
  • they did not state if it’s an entire new front axel
I went and inspected it myself and mine appears to be ok. pictures attached.
Hey, JSPRUBI44. Has your appointment been scheduled at this time? If not, we recommend doing so and moving forward with repairs. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Kate
JeepCares

JSPRUBI44

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey, JSPRUBI44. Has your appointment been scheduled at this time? If not, we recommend doing so and moving forward with repairs. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Kate
JeepCares
Hi Kate,

Trying to get an appointment up until this point has been hard. Dealership was unaware of the problem when I called, and said they were too busy to do an inspection this week. They also stated they do not have the parts and won’t do anything until noted that it needs repairs. Why is Jeep not at least sending parts to known dealerships where the effect vins were sold?

Just now getting the recall letter in the mail. Calling the dealership again today.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Kate,

Trying to get an appointment up until this point has been hard. Dealership was unaware of the problem when I called, and said they were too busy to do an inspection this week. They also stated they do not have the parts and won’t do anything until noted that it needs repairs. Why is Jeep not at least sending parts to known dealerships where the effect vins were sold?

Just now getting the recall letter in the mail. Calling the dealership again today.
Thanks for this update, JSPRUBI44. Once an appointment is set, please let us know. We are happy to help assist from there.

Kate
JeepCares

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
The initial visit is simply taking pictures at the dealership - those are sent on to FCA to make a determination if a repair is needed.

Our first call to the dealer got the same response - we don't have the parts yet so cannot schedule. Second call discussed the inspection and photos - that appt is set for tomorrow.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The initial visit is simply taking pictures at the dealership - those are sent on to FCA to make a determination if a repair is needed.

Our first call to the dealer got the same response - we don't have the parts yet so cannot schedule. Second call discussed the inspection and photos - that appt is set for tomorrow.
I am happy to hear an appointment is set, N8213. Please keep us informed on how it goes.

Kate
JeepCares

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The inability of Jeep dealerships to support customers is a stain on FCA.
The inability of FCA to design and build highly reliable vehicles is swamping dealers maintenance bays.

it’s a symbiotic cluster-f%$k

I have owned Toyota’s, Acura’s, Audi’s, BMWs, Volvo’s, and Minis. To schedule an appointment with a dealer for just about anything would mean a day or possibly two days wait. In 40 years of driving I believe that my vehicle being fixed under warranty needed to stay “overnight” maybe 5-ish times —— in 40 years!

I tried to schedule an appointment on my Jeep for a simple battery test (ESS not ready). 1 week delay to get in and THEN they needed to keep it overnight——— For a battery test. Really?

FCA puts out a recall for a defect that ANY legitimate QA/QC process would have found before the axles made it into the Jeep.
Then, of course, their dealers “know nothing about it” a month after it’s announced
Then, of course, the customer needs to educate the dealer who pretends to be surprised.
Then, of course, the customer can’t get an appointment for a SAFETY recall for some extended period and, when he does,
FCA has no parts available (despite waiting about a month from the announcement of the recall to the “start” of the recall)

and FCA wakes up everyday along with all their dealers and wonders why their customers think that their customer engagement is shit. Or, perhaps they don’t even think about it —- and maybe that’s the problem.

who has the worse job in the world? @JeepCares ...... they see stuff like this everyday and aren’t empowered to fix it. Only empowered to try to run interference between a broken company a broken dealer network and a customer simply wanting something fixed.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Wow, Dana supplied the axles with bad welds and FCA takes all the heat from Wrangler owners. Good to be Dana. https://www.dana.com/contact/
FCA/Jeep owns the quality of all of their purchased parts. We all bought a Jeep, not 30,000 individual parts from 300 suppliers. Sure Dana should get a bad rap too if their fault. All OEMs have supplier quality programs that, if done correctly, prevent a lot of the stupid stuff we see on the JLs. A lot of this is because of people at FCA going through the motions of a real job without care or commitment. I know because I have been there having worked for both good and bad companies in the automotive industry for over 20 years.
Sponsored