Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I had no idea how many scientists were on this forum 😂
None! More bullshit than you can imagine. Folks just love to type so they can read it back and smile with admiration. It doesn't have to make any sense to make them feel good. I love the magnesium theories.....as if the fkng tailgate is made of pure magnesium!

I feel sorry for the guy that lost his Jeep and now being accused of insurance fraud! (Fire marshals usually investigate all insurable fire claims, house or vehicle)

Great detailed analysis. Some real top shelf thinkers on this forum!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I saw this for sale in an ad on a completely different site and it reminded me of this thread.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Wrangler Engine Catches Fire, Vehicle Burns 1608185401711
No judgment if you get the chuckles from the above image. It is funny.
That's privately owned by the Devil, it's his hellcat!!!!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's obvious that this person ordered the "Total Destruction Package" from the factory. It's a bit expensive but you only get to use it once.
Thought that was only available on the Rubicon?

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
At first glance, I initially thought this photo was faked or had parts removed prior to the photo. Then watching this thread I started looking at lots of photos of burnt cars. At first inspection, I saw complete shells of cars...and wonder how did that jeep so bad. Modifying the search to more recent cars that have aluminum body panels such as the F150 you quickly find that many new cars burn this way when there is an engine fire. Further research finds the average engine car fire will get to about 1500F. The melting temperature of aluminum as well as magnesium about 1210.
So that explains all the missing panels. What I found more interesting is a car fire only takes about 13 minutes to consume and destroy the entire car. Yikes. A great reason to have some fire extinguishers on board.
Yup, seen a few fires on the side of the raod. They go like a Roman candle once they get going. However, I have never seen any car fire which COMPLETELY burned up the doors and hood. I guess it is technically possible though. A car fire can get up to 800C+ and the doors would melt at 660c.
Still... seems strange.

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Rest assured the insurance company will investigate the cause of damage to figure out whether there is any basis upon which they can formulate an argument against a payout or to deflect liability to another entity. :like:
Sponsored