Sponsored

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
I once saw an Apache Helicopter land for smoke in the cockpit and literally 15 minutes later there was nothing over 12” high on the ground.
The cause was two AA batteries and pocket change in a helmet bag that eventually got hot enough.
By the way, when the magnesium transmission housings lit , it was like a welding arc. You couldnt look at it.
Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Probably an etorque battery fire. :devil:
You might be joking but I like this theory. That 48 volt battery pack generates enough heat to require coolant lines. What safety measures are incorporated if there isn't sufficient cooling? Me no like.

BTW, the wheels are the upgraded "premium" wheels on Sport models, a $1,000 upcharge. What makes them premium I'll never know.

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Looks an awful lot like the charred remains of that 808hp Rubitrux JL that we last saw smoking mud tires for fun just a few threads ago...

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
image.jpeg

ANTIOCH TOWNSHIP, MI – The engine of a 2020 Jeep Wrangler suddenly caught fire while traveling down a Northern Michigan roadway on Monday.

At 10:20 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 7, a trooper from the Michigan State Police Cadillac Post was dispatched to a vehicle fire on M-115 near 21 ½ Road in Antioch Township, Wexford County.

The 36-year-old Traverse City man who was driving had pulled over to the shoulder and called 911 after he realized the Jeep’s engine compartment was on fire…

2020 Jeep Wrangler engine catches fire, vehicle burns up
Clear case of miss-aligned door spark

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
You might be joking but I like this theory. That 48 volt battery pack generates enough heat to require coolant lines. What safety measures are incorporated if there isn't sufficient cooling? Me no like.

BTW, the wheels are the upgraded "premium" wheels on Sport models, a $1,000 upcharge. What makes them premium I'll never know.
The aluminum makes them so.. mine came with the cheap steelies these probably wouldn't have melted .

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The aluminum makes them so.. mine came with the cheap steelies these probably wouldn't have melted .
It's not an upcharge over the steelies. It's not even available on the base Sport which is the only trim with steelies. It's only an option on Sport S which already has aluminum wheels.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
clutch fire! lol that has happened a few times
Brian, would you please clarify? Are you saying the manual transmission had something to do with this or is "clutch fire" a phrase of excitement noting an insurance fire through which the check for totaling the rig serves as the down payment for a rubi? ;)

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
It's not an upcharge over the steelies. It's not even available on the base Sport which is the only trim with steelies. It's only an option on Sport S which already has aluminum wheels.
In that case the owner probably got them after the fact. I bolted a set of sahras on mine just for the half inch height increase and looks. He probably got them and got rid of the originals then.

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Except it’s a 4 door, and looks better than most of them.
Dang, you’re right. I must of glanced too quick.

With a new set of tires, I think it would look sweet! :CWL: