Sponsored

2020 + Wrangler Diesel Builds

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to start a thread about 2020 + Diesel Wrangler builds. Nothing about waiting time or ordering info just a thread about what members have done to there rigs or plan to do when they get time or the rig itself. There is enough differences with the Diesel that not all parts and modes on a gas will be the same and fit the diesel, The aftermarket will have to catch up with the Diesel so things will be changing. Non Diesel members are welcome as long as the upgrades will also work with the diesels. We are all a family with the same goal and interests and we should all be respected for that no mater what. Whether you play in the mud, sand or blacktop have fun and enjoy your ride.
Sponsored

Phillies1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler TJ, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I would like to start a thread about 2020 + Diesel Wrangler builds. Nothing about waiting time or ordering info just a thread about what members have done to there rigs or plan to do when they get time or the rig itself. There is enough differences with the Diesel that not all parts and modes on a gas will be the same and fit the diesel, The aftermarket will have to catch up with the Diesel so things will be changing. Non Diesel members are welcome as long as the upgrades will also work with the diesels. We are all a family with the same goal and interests and we should all be respected for that no mater what. Whether you play in the mud, sand or blacktop have fun and enjoy your ride.
I'm interested in this thread after I take delivery. Not sure if I'll start MODs right away, or hold off for the first 6 months to make sure the new engine is ok

OP
OP
2020 Diesel JL

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in this thread after I take delivery. Not sure if I'll start MODs right away, or hold off for the first 6 months to make sure the new engine is ok
I don't expect my JLUD to be built for a while but at least I am in line. I would like to see what everyone is doing to theirs and what issues they run into because its a diesel build.

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Turbo EcoDiesel (Hellayella)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting for mine as well, JLURD HellaYella with every available option except the steel bumpers and didn't get the smoking thing either. LOTS of mods planned, have a thread going for my planning, etc... and once I get it, will start posting in there what's done, etc... Calling it Plan B, since my 2 Doors just weren't enough. lol

OP
OP
2020 Diesel JL

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting for mine as well, JLURD HellaYella with every available option except the steel bumpers and didn't get the smoking thing either. LOTS of mods planned, have a thread going for my planning, etc... and once I get it, will start posting in there what's done, etc... Calling it Plan B, since my 2 Doors just weren't enough. lol
I guess having the wait time allows us to make a plan. Besides my 55 CJ3B I have no knowledge of the Wrangler and differences in the diesel. I have seen that there is a issue with the washer bottle placement that could impact the adding of options, heard told of the winch install being a little more difficult but I know there has to be more. If a mod fits both gas and diesel that would be nice to know. That's why I would like this thread. Its a new beast with a lot of differences and a lot of things in common. Thanks for jumping in.

Sponsored

JeepaZona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Jl - Diesel Sting-Grey
Just took delivery of my sweet JL Rubicon ecoDiesel yesterday. The dealer said it may be the first one sold in AZ. Not planning on anything serious yet. Just some minor upgrades to start: hood lock, wheel locks, weathertec floor mats. I'm looking at adding a winch (warn 10s platinum), then dual band radio. More possibly as it comes to mind.

OP
OP
2020 Diesel JL

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just took delivery of my sweet JL Rubicon ecoDiesel yesterday. The dealer said it may be the first one sold in AZ. Not planning on anything serious yet. Just some minor upgrades to start: hood lock, wheel locks, weathertec floor mats. I'm looking at adding a winch (warn 10s platinum), then dual band radio. More possibly as it comes to mind.
Let me know how the weather tech mats work out. I wonder if there better than the OEM?

JeepaZona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Jl - Diesel Sting-Grey
Let me know how the weather tech mats work out. I wonder if there better than the OEM?
Just installed the weather tech floor mats. They fit great. They are pricey. Don't know how they compare with the mopar premium mats. I like how these snap into place and snugly fit the contours of the floor. Front and back.
Sponsored