First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Bringing this back from the dead.
Rufus, you’re absolutely correct!

If someone orders a base sport, adds the limited slip diff and tint, the cost is nearly the cost of the Willys Sport package that already comes with the limited slip, the tint plus more Willys goodies for only about $600 additional.
I was in the process of building out a Sport with the features I wanted. Not even sure why, but I started building a Willys, and took note of the standard features. The Sport came in at $37,335. The Willys sport came in at $37,640. So for $305 I got M/T tires, Moab wheels, Rubicon shocks, and brakes, and rock sliders. So I ordered my Willys Sport Unlimited in Sting grey with the 2.0t. It should be in my driveway next week.
Sponsored

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

I was in the process of building out a port with the features I wanted. Not even sure why, but I started building a Willys, and took note of the standard features. The Sport came in at $37,335. The Willys sport came in at $37,640. So for $305 I got all terrain tires, Moab wheels, Rubicon shocks, and brakes, and rock sliders. So I ordered my Willys Sport Unlimited in Sting grey with the 2.0t. It should be in my driveway next week.
Good buy. The Willys is a great package and good value. I wish the Willys could be ordered with K02s. It was not available when I bought my last JLR. I have since sold that JLR and might consider a Willys this time around if I can get all the options I want. Otherwise I will get another JLR.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Good buy. The Willys is a great package and good value. I wish the Willys could be ordered with K02s. It was not available when I bought my last JLR. I have since sold that JLR and might consider a Willys this time around if I can get all the options I want. Otherwise I will get another JLR.
Not sure. All my build info says BFGs are going to be on mine. Not Firestone.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure. All my build info says BFGs are going to be on mine. Not Firestone.
Available K02s would be a step towards the Willys for me. Your build info is saying you will get BFG K02s? Maybe they changed from a MT to a AT?

I definitely want the Proximity Door Locks. The Jeep website won't allow ordering the Proximity Lock option without ordering the Dual Door Group. I wonder if that is correct or a glitch with the Jeep website?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
BFG KM2s are starting to show up on the Willys package. Still the same size, LT255/75R17C, as the Firestones before.

Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BFG KM2s are starting to show up on the Willys package. Still the same size, LT255/75R17C, as the Firestones before.
I would have preferred the Rubicon's BFG K02s. They are quiet and good in the snow. It's not the end of the world. Take-off Rubicon wheels and tires are usually easy to find. I wonder how noisy the KM2s are on paved roads?

One option I really want is the Proximity Door Locks. It is not a easy option to add. It seems like you are forced to buy the Dual Door Group to get that option on a Willys. That would suck.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I would have preferred the Rubicon's BFG K02s. They are quiet and good in the snow. It's not the end of the world. Take-off Rubicon wheels and tires are usually easy to find. I wonder how noisy the KM2s are on paved roads?

One option I really want is the Proximity Door Locks. It is not a easy option to add. It seems like you are forced to buy the Dual Door Group to get that option on a Willys. That would suck.
Be sure to check the order guides that are posted on the forum. It appears that the online builder is regularly not up to date with the order guides, and sometimes more options, paint colors and equipment are available on the actual order guides. Sometimes less too. But that will show you what a dealer could actually submit an order for.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I’ve never been in a Jeep with KM2s, but on a pickup they were nice. The KM3 looks even better, closer to a hybrid AT/MT.

The Firestones have impressed me, but I’m sure there are a lot of complaints about the noise, which is significant.

There are so many different OEM tires offered by Jeep that they should allow you to pick what you want from what they offer when ordering.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I’ve never been in a Jeep with KM2s, but on a pickup they were nice. The KM3 looks even better, closer to a hybrid AT/MT.

The Firestones have impressed me, but I’m sure there are a lot of complaints about the noise, which is significant.

There are so many different OEM tires offered by Jeep that they should allow you to pick what you want from what they offer when ordering.
As long as they are good on ice, and rain i am good. If not they will take a hike for something better. I am a big fan of the Firestone Destination A/T, and General Grabber A/T. Iam not sure how M/Ts perform in real world driving.

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The tire itself is great. Bridgestone/Firestone makes excellent tires. But it is an MT, and performs that function very well. It is one of the more aggressive ones out there. They are not the best on a wet road and of course they are noisy. In powder snow they are awesome, but once the snow was melting I would have rather had ATs. When these are worn down, they will be replaced with ATs. I’m very impressed with the tread wear after 11k miles and one rotation. These may last 40k miles or more, which I think is excellent for an MT.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I agree. They let you pick between BFG K02s or Falken Wildpeaks at $0 charge if you order a Rubicon.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Yup. My Willys showed up today, and it has BFGs without white letters.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Willys Sport Info Page MY WILLYS 2

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yup. My Willys showed up today, and it has BFGs without white letters.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Willys Sport Info Page MY WILLYS 2
Very cool! Hopefully that'll be a long term change. I did like the white lettering, but I don't think many people will be bothered by this.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Very cool! Hopefully that'll be a long term change. I did like the white lettering, but I don't think many people will be bothered by this.
I like it either way, but this works for me.
Sponsored