Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone figured out yet the difference in specs between the Willys “heavy duty” brakes and the ones on the stock sport?
They are the same brakes that come on the Sahara and Rubicon. You can see in the Order Guide that they are the same code.

Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
Nice option package. In my opinion it is a no brainer over a base sport model. One thing to note when looking at the window sticker and pics is that this does not include air conditioning(similar to the base sport) If planning on getting AC, this is something to factor into the pricing.

I currently have the 2018 JKU Willys "23K" model - I love the Jeep, although for a 4 door I have to say that the lack of power locks/windows is a bit of a pain. My wife has a 2019 JLU Sahara, and I am considering upgrading to a JLU(or possibly a JL) so it is nice to see that the Willys edition is back.

Coletrickle

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon, 19 JLU Rubicon, 21 JT Mojave
Occupation
Build Electricity with Coal
When I got a quote from Criswell on a Willys build vs a Sport S build (both exactly how I would want them), the Willys came out maybe $2-3k more. I feel like the wheels/tires, brakes, and shocks are worth that. The cosmetics are just icing on the cake for me. I'm 99% set on getting an Ocean Blue Willys in a few months. Only thing I need to do is test drive it when I get home from this deployment so I can make sure I'm cool with how it rides with the mud tires. I'm excited!
My wifes Jeep, just got it at the beginning of the year. Put Rubicon takeoff wheels and tires on. She says she wants the Willys wheels that is came with back on so I will be dismounting and mounting the KO2's on the original wheels. I think it will look good either way, I was not a fan of the MT's road noise or the white letter side walls.

Willys1.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Nice option package. In my opinion it is a no brainer over a base sport model. One thing to note when looking at the window sticker and pics is that this does not include air conditioning(similar to the base sport) If planning on getting AC, this is something to factor into the pricing.

I currently have the 2018 JKU Willys "23K" model - I love the Jeep, although for a 4 door I have to say that the lack of power locks/windows is a bit of a pain. My wife has a 2019 JLU Sahara, and I am considering upgrading to a JLU(or possibly a JL) so it is nice to see that the Willys edition is back.
People assume every modern new vehicle has A/C. Double check for sure. I have herd more then once about people assuming they had A/C and did not. A while back there was a thread about a guy in hot Texas who bought JL at a great price assuming it had A/C when it did not. It was not so great of deal after reading the thread. The dealer offered to install a aftermarket AC and the process was not going well. It was quite a ordeal for the guy. I am not even sure if he finally resolved everything?

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Remember the Air Conditioning ! Being frugal, I almost didn't get it, BUT, Summers are hotter, dogs like to ride, and resale is hit hard by the lack of... verging on the impossible to add after the fact , due to the complexities of the electronics.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wifes Jeep, just got it at the beginning of the year. Put Rubicon takeoff wheels and tires on. She says she wants the Willys wheels that is came with back on so I will be dismounting and mounting the KO2's on the original wheels. I think it will look good either way, I was not a fan of the MT's road noise or the white letter side walls.

Willys1.jpg
I was going ask about the Firestones. They are noisier then the K02s?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember the Air Conditioning ! Being frugal, I almost didn't get it, BUT, Summers are hotter, dogs like to ride, and resale is hit hard by the lack of... verging on the impossible to add after the fact , due to the complexities of the electronics.
Definitely remember A/C and double check.

The poor guy I mentioned in my post thought he was buying a JL at a unbelievable price not realizing it had NO A/C. Make matters worse, I think it was black. I think he lived in hot and humid Huston. Last I read he was trying to add a aftermarket A/C and that was not going well.

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
For those of you looking into purchasing a Willy's, keep in mind there are two packages: Sport and Non-Sport.

Non-Sport has all the bells and whistles ( power windows, AC and etc). This is the package I bought.

Sport is the stripped down package, with the exception of an upgraded bumper (same front bumper as Sahara).

I know its confusing because it should be the other way around. Not sure why Jeep labeled it this way.
Sponsored