2020 Willy’s JL power mirror issue

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Just left the dealership with a brand new 2020 4 door willys wrangler. (Traded into a white 2 door jl) first thing I noticed is that my passenger side power mirror will not adjust. The driver side adjusts fine. Passenger side windows let down and also the power locks work fine on the passenger side. I checked the fuse to make sure it was properly seated and it’s good to go. Is there anything else I should check before I take it to the dealership?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Check the door harness. They are known to have issues with the pins not lining up or seating properly in the harness connector.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mean it only goes down or up but won't stop anywhere in between? Exact same problem they had with the original Willy's in 1941.

OP
OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Do you mean it only goes down or up but won't stop anywhere in between? Exact same problem they had with the original Willy's in 1941.
I’m sorry I feel dumb....I meant to put that it was the power MIRROR on the passenger side. The power window works fine. But the power mirror will not adjust. Driver side adjusts fine.

OP
OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I meant to say it was the power mirror on the passenger side not the window. I pulled that harness off and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sorry I feel dumb....I meant to put that it was the power MIRROR on the passenger side. The power window works fine. But the power mirror will not adjust. Driver side adjusts fine.
Sorry, I read your post too quickly. Can you hear if the mirror motor is trying to work when you push the button? I'd just take it to the dealer and let them sort it out.

OP
OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Sorry, I read your post too quickly. Can you hear if the mirror motor is trying to work when you push the button? I'd just take it to the dealer and let them sort it out.
No you read the post right the first time. I had power windows in the title and in the post when I originally wrote it lol (it was late ). I did not check to see if I could hear the motor. I will check that and post back.

OP
OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Update: I checked to see if I could hear the motor when pressing the button and it made no sound. I checked for any bent prongs inside the harness and everything seemed normal.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The power mirror setup is the same on all JLs that have it. There's a 3-way switch for left-off-right and the control pad for adjusting the mirrors.

OP
OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Yes. There’s a left and right switch to pick which mirror then there’s an up down left and right arrow to position it. Driver works buT passenger does not.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just left the dealership with a brand new 2020 4 door willys wrangler. (Traded into a white 2 door jl) first thing I noticed is that my passenger side power mirror will not adjust. The driver side adjusts fine. Passenger side windows let down and also the power locks work fine on the passenger side. I checked the fuse to make sure it was properly seated and it’s good to go. Is there anything else I should check before I take it to the dealership?
Hi Brandon,
We're sorry to hear about your experience with your new JL Wrangler. If you do decide to visit your dealer and need any additional assistance, please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Why are you even messing with this? Let the dealer fix it. That’s what you have a warranty for.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Why are you even messing with this? Let the dealer fix it. That’s what you have a warranty for.
He was probably hoping to find someone else that had this issue and was hoping for an easy fix to AVOID going to the dealer. Can't fault him for that!

OP
OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
He was probably hoping to find someone else that had this issue and was hoping for an easy fix to AVOID going to the dealer. Can't fault him for that!
Exactly. The 2019 wrangler I traded in had an anti freeze leak issue and a week after I bought it it was back in the dealership for like 3 weeks. So yea I was looking for something simple to avoid that.
Sponsored