2020 Sarge Green Color on JL

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
I love my Mojito for its crazy eye-poppingness, but olive greens are always my favorite on Wranglers. My first was a 2007 JK Sahara in the olive green they just called Jeep green I think, and I put stickers on it to evoke Hound from the G1 Transformers. Good thing I can't afford a NEW JL or Sarge would be super tempting.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Here is a digital rendering of what a 2 Door Willys in Sarge Green may possibly look like.
Sarge_Willys.jpg
I definitely prefer it in a 2-door over the 4-door. Makes me reminisce about the old sitcom MASH for some reason.

Sky King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green, JLUR (soon)
Waiting and anticipating what the new Sarge Green color may look like on the 2020 JL/JLU, I did some photo editing. Here is a rendering of what Sarge may look like on a JL. I edited the color as best as i could to match the 2016 JK 75th Anniversary Edition color. What do you think?
2018-jeep-jl-rubicon-side_SARGE.jpg

For a preview, here's Sarge Green on the JK.

sarge-green-wrangler-1.jpg
sarge-green-wrangler-2.jpg

03-jeep-75th-anniversary-models-detroit-1.jpg
I understand Sarge Green is now available for 2020 JL. The color looks very different from the pictures posted.
Below is link to Jeep catalog with Sarge Green on pg 26 and Paint Scratch sample. Both look much darker to me. Are those pictures much lighter?
71mlsES4WlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
I understand Sarge Green is now available for 2020 JL. The color looks very different from the pictures posted.
Below is link to Jeep catalog with Sarge Green on pg 26 and Paint Scratch sample. Both look much darker to me. Are those pictures much lighter?
71mlsES4WlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I hope the new Sarge green is not that dark of green. I have that dark green on my 2008 JK, nice color, but do not want to have it for another decade.

Sponsored

Sky King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope the new Sarge green is not that dark of green. I have that dark green on my 2008 JK, nice color, but do not want to have it for another decade.
I forgot to attach the catalog link, http://digimag.rrd.com/Chrysler/DNL/2020-Jeep-Wrangler-Catalog.pdf . I'm hoping it's dark because it looks more military and still has enough differentiation from black where you still pick up some contrast. The catalog seems a little lighter than the other sample but both darker than the pictures.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I forgot to attach the catalog link, http://digimag.rrd.com/Chrysler/DNL/2020-Jeep-Wrangler-Catalog.pdf . I'm hoping it's dark because it looks more military and still has enough differentiation from black where you still pick up some contrast. The catalog seems a little lighter than the other sample but both darker than the pictures.
The pictures are photoshopped by some members. Basically a guess of maybe wishful thinking. Sarge Green sure looks much darker in the catalog.

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
I am the opposite - I sold my Natural Green 2012 and am hoping for dark green again.

Sky King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am the opposite - I sold my Natural Green 2012 and am hoping for dark green again.
Ordered one yesterday in Sarge Green.The color is dark as the samples show. Should have it in approximately 6 weeks, give or take a few. I'll post a picture when it's in. I'm told they could start arriving at dealers as soon as the end of the month, so pics may be available sooner.

Dilligaf

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Ordered one yesterday in Sarge Green.The color is dark as the samples show. Should have it in approximately 6 weeks, give or take a few. I'll post a picture when it's in. I'm told they could start arriving at dealers as soon as the end of the month, so pics may be available sooner.
Just ordered mine today

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sky King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered mine today
Congrats. I'll let you know when I hear something more definitive on arrival date. And as pointed out below they are showing up at dealers. I purchased with just having Sarge Green samples to look at. However, after looking at the pictures provided, I like the color even more.

CG249

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
54 Chevy Truck
Although you can create a sarge green exterior paunt for any JLU on the build and price Jeep website this does not translate to ordering that exterior color. I tried to order a sarge green JLU Sport Altitude, on Aprol 30, but no can do. I know you can get sarge on Sport S and Willy's. Does anyone know which JLU trims are and are not available in sarge hreen? Thanks

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Although you can create a sarge green exterior paunt for any JLU on the build and price Jeep website this does not translate to ordering that exterior color. I tried to order a sarge green JLU Sport Altitude, on Aprol 30, but no can do. I know you can get sarge on Sport S and Willy's. Does anyone know which JLU trims are and are not available in sarge hreen? Thanks
All trims. But the factory is closed until the 18th. A dealer couldn't order you one?

CG249

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
54 Chevy Truck
All trims. But the factory is closed until the 18th. A dealer couldn't order you one?
That is great news. I will try to place an order after the 18th.

It did not show as an option for my dealer to order and he called the regional sales rep and was told it was not an option but that I could order all other trims in Sarge Green at anytime. This made me think that it would never be an option.

You made my day. Thank you!
Sponsored