Sponsored

2020 Sahara Altitude OTD price

First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Hey everyone, new to the site and looking for some thoughts on this deal...

2020 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA ALTITUDE
Customer Preferred Package 28L
LED Lighting Group
8.4–Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group
Jeep® Active Safety Group
8–Speed Automatic Transmission
2.0–Liter I4 DOHC DI Turbo eTorque Engine
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Sticker price: $49,865.
After negotiating, i have it out the door at $44,000 (This includes all taxes, tag, fees, etc.)

The OTD price also includes my trade in price of $5000. I am in FL, so they have a huge dealer/doc fee of $999.

All thoughts, opinions, and insight are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since don't know what taxes, tag and fees are there can't tell. Plus what deals there are there are different from the NE, midwest, west. Even from dealer to dealer in the same zone it can be different. So you'll get responses of yes and no based on different experiences. If someone from your area or that bought from that dealer responds they might have a better perspective.

Deleted member 53226

I say if you are happy with the price, then go for it and don't worry about what others say. There will always be somebody somewhere who can brag about getting their Jeep for 8% under invoice, etc., and make you feel bad. But every situation is different.

FWIW, if you want to get a sense of your "deal", the way I see it, the MSRP/Sticker is $49,865, and you say your OTD price includes your $5,000 trade-in value. SO, to me that means with your trade, you were down to $44,865 as the purchase price. Taxes in FL are 6% on vehicles, so that's, $2,699 or so in taxes. Dealer Doc fee brings up sale costs to $3,699 roughly.

I myself don't count trade-in as part of "savings" on a deal (because you already paid once for the car, and likely the dealer is making a grand or two on your trade), so if you got OTD for $44,000, then in my view you fairly "saved" roughly the $3,699 in taxes and doc/fees (based on the purchase price), and maybe another grand or two the dealer loped off the sticker price to get you to $44,000. That equates to about 10% off MSRP/Sticker, roughly (since it's hard to determine how much the dealer will eventually make on the trade-in when they re-sell it).

Not a bad deal overall I think. It sounds like the dealer really didn't negotiate too much on the sticker price, but rather took your trade for a number you both were okay with (maybe that was a good deal for you) and then basically sliced off a small bit off the MSRP, and used the taxes/doc fee money as the negotiating point and get you an OTD price that you felt good with.

Six or one half dozen of the other. My view is not only way to view it mathematically, but maybe that is just how my mind works. I did this in my head real fast so I could be off on some numbers. About 10% MSRP is not terrible given the lack of inventory and high demand for Jeeps right now. Others may have done better or worse, who knows. Again, if you are happy with the price, then go for it!

JavaRunner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I just picked up a Sahara altitude as well, used an affiliate code and did 1% under invoice, found a dealer with zero additional fees, got offered a non marked up good interest rate and no BS. 2.4%/60 month. I think mine was 55k MSRP, I think I paid 50.5k. Right now, most dealers don’t have to move much, wranglers are selling themselves.
Sponsored