Sponsored

2020 Sahara 3.6L w/ BSG - anyone drive it yet?

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Just curious if anyone's had the chance to drive the 3.6L w/ BSG yet. If so, what are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I've only driven a 2.0 Rubicon and a 5.7 Rebel with the BSG, so this isn't a spot on review of how it works on the 3.6.

I will say that the start/stop operates much more smoothly with the BSG than any 12V start/stop vehicle I've driven. You also notice very little turbo lag in the 2.0 but that won't matter with the V6.

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi A4 Avant s-line, 2012 Subi Impreza sport hatchback, 2010 MB GL350, 2013 Lotus Evora S, 2020 JLU Sahara
I’ve only driven mine for about 160 miles, but love it so far. As mentioned above, the start/stop is nearly imperceptible. I have driven other vehicles where I’m looking for the button to turn it off, not in this one. The initial pickup off the line is really good, throttle is almost too responsive... no problem spinning the BFG 33’s (I have rubi take offs on it) if you are not thinking about it at launch. Passing is really good as well, although still in the break in period, I’m taking it relatively easy.

There is more plumbing under the hood, three coolant overflow tanks instead of one, besides that and the missing alternator, looks like another JL 3.6 engine bay.

I love it. I currently own another 2.0 direct inject turbo, and didn’t want another - very happy with our choice!
Sponsored