Sponsored

2020 Rubicon Manual shifting problems going into 4h

• Thread starter Deleted member 59498
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 59498

Anyone have trouble putting transfer case into 4H? I put mine in and it takes a lot of strength sometimes to shift up, but sometimes pops out back to 2H. This morning I shifted into 4H before leaving drive way and then at the red light it was spinning on ice and snow and sure enough dropped back into 2h. It fought me so much this morning I pulled it hard and it accidentally shifted to neutral for the transfer case right when I was getting on the freeway. Just wondering if I am missing something.

2020 Rubicon Unlimited Manual 6 speed.
Sponsored

JLA_Mo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Granite)
Anyone have trouble putting transfer case into 4H? I put mine in and it takes a lot of strength sometimes to shift up, but sometimes pops out back to 2H. This morning I shifted into 4H before leaving drive way and then at the red light it was spinning on ice and snow and sure enough dropped back into 2h. It fought me so much this morning I pulled it hard and it accidentally shifted to neutral for the transfer case right when I was getting on the freeway. Just wondering if I am missing something.

2020 Rubicon Unlimited Manual 6 speed.
It is a bit sticky. I find it best to be rolling around 5-10mph and a tough thrust into 4H. I have a 2018 and it has always been this way. They probably don't want it to actually move it into 4H.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

this is a known thing on the wranglers transfer cases. Mine was pretty rough the first dozen or two times. best is to be rolling on a flat surface about 5 mph clutch in and shift to 4hi. it will get easier with time

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Had the same thing in my 07JK, 10 times easier if you are moving as others said above.
Sponsored