Sponsored

2020 Rubicon Climate Control Issues - heat blasts while driving & rogue heated seat/steering wheel

Deleted member 52323

I have 8,000 miles on my Rubicon purchased in early June and at 7,700 miles, I noticed my driver side heated seat and heated steering wheel turned on automatically when I start the vehicle. After 200 miles when this issue started, while driving on the highway, my heater turned on full blast and wasn't responsive to turn down with the knob or on the screen. It was blasting super hot heat and after 20 seconds, the screen and knob became responsive again. After checking my settings, the option to automatically turn on my heated seats/steering wheel was selected. The only issue with that is, I didn't select that option, and it didn't turn on automatically every time I started the vehicle. I turned the setting off but I am 100% sure this setting was not selected manually because I spent a really long time digging through the screen options when I purchased it.

Has anyone else run into any climate issues with the Rubicon's? I'm new to learning how to work on my own vehicle and did a Google search for what I should look for with an HVAC issue - Heather Core, AC/Condenser, Blower Motor. With the screen and knob not being responsive, I'm assuming this is an electrical issue?

I'd like to collect any information I can before going into the dealership. Thanks much for any response or suggestion!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RubiHOG

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2017 Harley Road Glide
No idea on the non-responsive screen, but the setting for the heated wheel/seat only activates them when it’s 40 degrees or colder out. The setting is turned on by default from the factory.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have 8,000 miles on my Rubicon purchased in early June and at 7,700 miles, I noticed my driver side heated seat and heated steering wheel turned on automatically when I start the vehicle. After 200 miles when this issue started, while driving on the highway, my heater turned on full blast and wasn't responsive to turn down with the knob or on the screen. It was blasting super hot heat and after 20 seconds, the screen and knob became responsive again. After checking my settings, the option to automatically turn on my heated seats/steering wheel was selected. The only issue with that is, I didn't select that option, and it didn't turn on automatically every time I started the vehicle. I turned the setting off but I am 100% sure this setting was not selected manually because I spent a really long time digging through the screen options when I purchased it.

Has anyone else run into any climate issues with the Rubicon's? I'm new to learning how to work on my own vehicle and did a Google search for what I should look for with an HVAC issue - Heather Core, AC/Condenser, Blower Motor. With the screen and knob not being responsive, I'm assuming this is an electrical issue?

I'd like to collect any information I can before going into the dealership. Thanks much for any response or suggestion!
Hey, PinkAimez. Have you visited the dealership in regard to your concerns? Since they will be in the best position to pinpoint the cause of any issues, we recommend doing so. If you need assistance while there, please reach out.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored