2020 Rubicon availability?

Dalma

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon - Bikini Pearl
I live in Vancouver BC Canada and we have a dozen or more Jeep dealers in the area serving more than 2.5 million people. Currently there are only 4 Unlimited Rubicon's available for sale and none of them are configured with the options I want. They have plenty of Sahara's and Sport's though. In the past 3 weeks the list has dropped from 7 to 4 and only 1 new one was added.

Are the Rubicon's being limited?
Sponsored

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Vancouver BC Canada and we have a dozen or more Jeep dealers in the area serving more than 2.5 million people. Currently there are only 4 Unlimited Rubicon's available for sale and none of them are configured with the options I want. They have plenty of Sahara's and Sport's though. In the past 3 weeks the list has dropped from 7 to 4 and only 1 new one was added.

There seems to be lots of JLUR’s within the Maryland/Virginia area, however most have the 2.0 turbo.

DiggityDog

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLU Rubicon
There seems to be lots of JLUR’s within the Maryland/Virginia area, however most have the 2.0 turbo.
Are Rubicon buyers staying away from the 2.0 engine in the 2020 Rubicon?

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think FCA is pressuring the dealers to take non ordered inventory in the 2.0 turbo engine , while customer orders seem to be in the traditional 3.6 variety. FCA (as well as other manufacturers) are under extreme pressure to keeps their overall MPG ratio in check. Producing more 2.0 turbos is a necessity.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I just purchased a JLUR in Houston last week. There was 25 of them, I think, on this one dealer’s lot. It wouldn’t surprise me if there were 200 of them within 50 miles of here

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This was true in Houston last year.... lots of 2019 Rubicons on the lot were 2.0 BSG. This year, it seems like the split is 60-40 in favor of the 3.6L over the 2.0 Non-BSG

LennyF

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon - Ordered a 2021 JL Rubi - 4H Auto

My dealership (400 Chrysler - Barrie ON) told me in early October that FCA had advised them that 2020 Rubicons would be in very short supply in Canada this year. I ordered my 2-Door White loaded Rubicon on October 10th and took delivery yesterday - Loving it and no steering issues!!

Sponsored

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm in the auto industry as a vendor. I have 7 Jeep dealers that I service and I'm always amazed at the lack of Rubicons in their inventories. I checked their numbers today and out of 295 Wranglers, just 24 (8%) are Rubicons. Several dealers don't even have one. That's crazy to me.

OP
OP
Dalma

Dalma

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still shopping for a new Rubicon and now in the Vancouver Canada area (population over 2 million) there are 3 Rubicon's available and all 3 are in transit which means that there are zero available for delivery.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Just stopped by our Jeep dealer here in the Chicago Suburbs, not a Wrangler Rubicon on the lot, though they did have a Gladiator Rubicon. I remember last year they had a lot more of them.

Best,
-Tim

OP
OP
Dalma

Dalma

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to my dealer about factory ordering and was told to now expect delivery in April.

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
Come on down to Orlando. Dealers here are busting at the seams with new Rubicons. I just did a quick 200 mile radius search from Orlando on cars guru and found 284 2020 JLUR’s...
Sponsored