Sponsored

2020 Rubicon 2.0l Mopar lift 35" Tires installed / 1st impression

Dallas23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes the steering is as you describe. I'm glad to hear the parts I'm doing will improve in those areas. I'll update thread after I've had those parts installed.
Just curious if you have installed your parts yet and if so did you see an improvement to ride quality? I'm considering this tire size and lift as well. Any regrets with the E rated tire and/or not going to a 37"?

Thanks!

OP
OP
n2jeep

n2jeep

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Just curious if you have installed your parts yet and if so did you see an improvement to ride quality? I'm considering this tire size and lift as well. Any regrets with the E rated tire and/or not going to a 37"?

Thanks!
Yeah everything is installed. I added steersmarts front adjustable track bar and JKS Geometry brackets to add more caster. It drives even better now. I've very happy with my tire choice. Far as acceleration and mpg, Mixed driving I'm staying in the 19s mpg,, occasionally get into the 20s mpg. Power and acceleration are still great. That was my main concern far as 37" tall tires plus having to upgrade the tire carrier.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yeah everything is installed. I added steersmarts front adjustable track bar and JKS Geometry brackets to add more caster. It drives even better now. I've very happy with my tire choice. Far as acceleration and mpg, Mixed driving I'm staying in the 19s mpg,, occasionally get into the 20s mpg. Power and acceleration are still great. That was my main concern far as 37" tall tires plus having to upgrade the tire carrier.
Glad to hear the geometry brackets and track bar helped. I find geometry brackets be miracle workers when it comes to ride quality.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
@Carlton @n2jeep - doing same add-ons for Sport with Mopar lift I just picked up. Question - did either of you add rear track bar relocation bracket? Mine it is at least 1/2” over doing quick measurement.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
@Carlton @n2jeep - doing same add-ons for Sport with Mopar lift I just picked up. Question - did either of you add rear track bar relocation bracket? Mine it is at least 1/2” over doing quick measurement.
I didn't. Wasn't necessary for me.
A half inch off center really is a non-issue.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Looking for best ride quality and was curious if would assist with Geometry and roll center. If not needed may wait. Thanks again

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Any chance you could post a picture from the side of your geo correction brackets? Trying to judge how far they hang down, and if they are super visible.

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
What is the brand name of your tires carrier?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

What is the brand name of your tires carrier?
Looks like stock carrier with relocation bracket.

Sponsored

OP
OP
n2jeep

n2jeep

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Update:
Finally got offset SPC camber sleeves installed and it corrected camber. They are easy to install VS the old JK upper offset ball joint replacements.

Not sure why jeeps camber was out so bad after geo brackets , tech told me all the extra caster affected it.

IMG_2781 (1).jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Update:
Finally got offset SPC camber sleeves installed and it corrected camber. They are easy to install VS the old JK upper offset ball joint replacements.

Not sure why jeeps camber was out so bad after geo brackets , tech told me all the extra caster affected it.

IMG_2781 (1).jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

Did you install the Geo Brackets with the slightly longer Mopar LCAs or did you go back to stock arms before using the brackets?

Thanks and which hole did you end up using in the bracket?

Appreciate the help.

Vinnie

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
Did you install the Geo Brackets with the slightly longer Mopar LCAs or did you go back to stock arms before using the brackets?

Thanks and which hole did you end up using in the bracket?

Appreciate the help.

Vinnie
You got an alignment cause you did not add adjustable trackbar for front and rear when you lift your jeep right? Also you get an alignment only when you change your tire road not just doing a regular 2 inch mopar lift kit, but you still did it just to make sure right?
Sponsored