Sponsored

2020 Right Off the Dealer Lot "Engine will shut off soon" Ideas??

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
A buddy text me earlier with a pic of a sweet 2-door JL Sport S in Bikini with the 2.0 and auto trans. Said he was test driving it and thought he'd get it. He just text and said on the test drive the message "Engine will shut off soon" came on. One of the mechanics worked on it and hour while he did paperwork and then drove it with the scanner and said no codes, no message. My buddy took it and 6-blocks from the dealer the same warning "Engine will shut off soon" came on. Any ideas? He' bought this on vacation out-of-state and is at a hotel. Going back to dealer in the morning. Any suggestions as to what to look at?
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the Onion?

OP
OP
Coastie6

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
Take it to dealer. Demand full refund. Continue vacation. Buy jeep from local dealer when home.
That would be my recommendation. I wouldn’t have bought it after it came on during the test drive. He didn’t tell me about it until he owned it and was back at the hotel. Was hoping someone on the 2.0 side would know if this was a known issue.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
He could go and make sure all the fuses and relays in the fuse box are well seated. That seems to cure a lot of "ghosts in the machine"
Yes, good point. When I first took my JLU home, I checked all the fuses/relays and 50% of them were not completely seated. .

OP
OP
Coastie6

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
Thanks to all who weighed in. Yes, I told him to push in fuses and relays. No go. he went back to dealer today and gave them some time to try to resolve it. The dealer contacted FCA and a number of other dealerships. The dealer did the right thing and canceled the deal. He will be shopping locally and/or ordering like we did. I'm glad it went down like this rather than him being stuck with a Jeep that has unresolvable electrical gremlins. Kudos to the dealer for taking the high road with no hassles.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to all who weighed in. Yes, I told him to push in fuses and relays. No go. he went back to dealer today and gave them some time to try to resolve it. The dealer contacted FCA and a number of other dealerships. The dealer did the right thing and canceled the deal. He will be shopping locally and/or ordering like we did. I'm glad it went down like this rather than him being stuck with a Jeep that has unresolvable electrical gremlins. Kudos to the dealer for taking the high road with no hassles.
Good news! This sounds like it could have been a nightmare issue for the owner.
Sponsored