Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Hello fellow Canadians!

There was a thread for tracking 2019 orders from canadian members so I thought we could follow this with a 2020 version.

Since things work differently up here, the updates are not as often and getting FCA to give us an estimated delivery date seems impossible, we can share our order updates and give each other an idea of how things evolve.

Mine was ordered on July 8th
D1 on July 29th
KZ August 2nd
KZLD on august 5th

Dealer was never able to give dates at any stages and still has no idea when it will show up.

Let's see yours!
Sponsored

Guido

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Hey...

I order mine on July 11 2019 2020 Rubicon Unlimited...

Received Build notification.

Rubicon is currently at Trim level and quality check. This was the information from my dealer said could be here sometime next week or week after.

Here's the kicker the dealer advised me they don't do Leasing for 2020 in August, they I asked how about September responds was 50/50 September Oct 2019 most likely.

Have you heard anything about no leasing in August for 2020 maybe Sept 2019 ?

Sound to be the Canadian Version will go out at the same time based on units sold. I live in the GTA...

Thanks

Guido

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I have no idea for the leasing as I'm buying mine.

Onovtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX
I will be leasing, waiting fo the dealership to get back to me, they haven’t said no or yes yet. My current lease for my car is up on Sept. 30, I am unsure if the Jeep will arrive by then.

Guido

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I would assume leasing will be available it be stupid not too. Fingers crossed

Guido

Sponsored

Onovtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX
I would assume leasing will be available it be stupid not too. Fingers crossed

Guido
LOL, they just told me a few min ago that leasing is not yet available on 2020's. Then i might be out and buy something else, as I had my mind set on a 2020 3.6 etorque Sahara with most of the options. I don't think i can wait until Oct. as my current lease for my Acura ends on Sept 30th. Hopefully they can decide what they want to do. I am fine if they give me a loaner post Sept 30th until they can lease me what I want. I will see how the conversation goes.

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Doesn't seem to be many canadians on here ordering 2020's.

Mines is still KZLD, dealer still has no dates, the wait is, well, unpleasant...

Guido

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Best thing we can do is have hope that leasing will be available. I told my dealer principle that was they only way I was going don’t understand why he told me to order 2020....

If leasing is not available I may go back to a few options I was thinking the new Audi Q3 or Volvo XC40 or Golf R they have no problem leasing 2020 models

I’ve wanted Rubicon for awhile now but boy are they making it difficult to take my money other companies have no problem you would think what’s coming around they corner they would want to sell... LOL

It seems they are taking their time to ship them out to Canada sounds like they might be holding off because they have too many 2019’s that are not selling quick enough.

Buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Sorry I don't have exact dates ( 3rd week of June?) I ordered a 2019 approx. one week before the book closed on them. Then FCA changed the order to a 2020 on us and the real point that I thought may be of interest is it arrived Monday at our dealer in London.

Pick it up on Saturday.

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Nice!

They canceled my order that was placed around the same time as yours. We resubmitted a week later.
Still waiting, it's built, but they can't give me a date. From what they are telling me, it has not shipped out yet.
It was completed July 31st

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They never cancelled mine but probably 2 weeks after my order my salesman sent a screen shot to give me my VIN. That's when I noticed they had Model Year 2020 not 2019. Of course it arrives and basically we had to renegotiate the whole deal as the 2020 does not have a 1500.00 rebate attached like the 2019 I ordered. Argh...... now I appreciate 4 years down the road it will be a year newer but I still squawked as loud as I could. In the end they knocked off the $ 250.00 MSRP increase for the 2020 and Chrysler - Jeep kicked back to the dealer another $ 500.00 off.

Still irks me a bit as basically I paid another $ 1000.00 for a 2020 but it will be worth more then that likely down the road if I trade or sell it with it always being a year newer. So.....it's all good and actually in this case the dealer was not responsible for the pain I experienced. Good Luck hope yours gets here soon!

UPS just arrived got our Alien Sunshade in, together with the Sky Touch Power Roof this will be the nicest Jeep Sahara we have owned out of the 5 by far. BUT it's also the most expensive by far of the 5. LOL......

Buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked up our 2020 Sahara Unlimited. Hang in there everyone they are sweeeet! Power Roof is amazing. When I was loading my Soft Top into our 2016 Trade I thought "No more of this On/ Off BS and having to help my wife close it when she gets home (she is vertically challenged with double knee replacements).

However I did find the window sticker off the 2016 when cleaning out the glovebox, holy crap they must have jumped the price up crazy wild when they released the JL mid 2018 model year.

Guido

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Congrats post some pictures...

I received my sticker notification this afternoon..

Now the wait and hopefully I will be able to lease it when it arrives I’m still keeping my figures cross and something has changed doesn’t make sense to me you can’t lease a 2020 in August..

Guido

ReidJL75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU OB Rubicon
Hoping to order an OB 2020 Rubi loaded, with the Sky one touch today. Seems the Upgraded Alpine, regular black wheels and advanced safety is not available to order as of now.
Sponsored