Sponsored

2020 North Edition JLU tires

caterpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No jeeps yet!
All- I have searhced up and down but cant find anything to recent or relevant. I have seen lots of discussion of new bigger tires on stock JLU's and Sport.

However, I have agreed to purchase, but don't yet own a 2020 Sting Grey North Edition JLU. I really liked many of the features that came with this edition but was kind of in love with the look of the Rubi.. I just couldn't make the extra dollars make sense for what I intend to do with it. It will be my DD and need to be capable of off road and snow conditions in the winter. I simply couldn't make sense out of owning a Rubicon and not using the lockers and sway bar disconnect etc... as I doubt I'll ever do any rock crawling.

So I decide that I'll move ahead with my purchase of the North Edition. And look to get more of a Rubicon look by replacing the tires. Maybe adding a 2 inch lift?

So as many may know, the NE comes with 18 inch rims and 255/70/18 tires. I looked on tiresize.com. If I am going after the Rubi look, (with OWL as well:), should I go to 285/65/18? That gets me the same diameter as the stock Rubi 285/70/17's if I am not mistaken. Shorter side wall though. or do I, or can I, without a lift yet, go to 285/70/18?

Need help and can't seem to find much on doing a tire swap with the stock 18 inch North Edition rims. Which I like well enough for now. And Rubi takeoffs don't seem to be available on the marketplace on here in my area. OR I'd consider that instead.

Thank you. Been lurking awhile while shopping now have questions of my own:)
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Welcome @caterpa
If you're not in a hurry just kick back and wait for a set of Rubi takeoffs to show up in a town near you, and don't forget Gladiator takeoffs too!

You can even post a WTB (Want To Buy) thread in the site classifieds, these can be pretty effective too.

OP
OP

caterpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No jeeps yet!
Ok sounds good thank you. I may put something on WTB that's a great idea.

Anyone lese have any experience with alternate tire sizes on the 18 inch rims on a North Edition?
Sponsored