Sponsored

2020 non hybrid used with the Tazer mini??

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Was about to order the Tazer Mini for my 2020 2.0 Turbo, and noticed it asks you to specify your motor when you order. And it does not list the 2.0 turbo for 2020, it only list the 2019 version with the mild hybrid. before i order i wanted to make sure it works fine with the new motor, and confirm people still order the same version.
Sponsored

T-Tail

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 2001 Dodge Viper
Was about to order the Tazer Mini for my 2020 2.0 Turbo, and noticed it asks you to specify your motor when you order. And it does not list the 2.0 turbo for 2020, it only list the 2019 version with the mild hybrid. before i order i wanted to make sure it works fine with the new motor, and confirm people still order the same version.
Bump

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Yes you can order the Tazer mini.

I have an export model 2.0t, so no eTorque and the Tazer mini...no problems at all.

Just order the ā€˜2.0 with eTorqueā€™ version and youā€™re good.

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Im not sure why etorque would matter when you're changing tire size???

Sponsored

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tazer JL does a little more than change tire revs per mile. It changes everything from auto stop/start to fan speeds to engine idle RPM. I donā€™t think the OPā€™s question was that outlandish.

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The Tazer JL does a little more than change tire revs per mile. It changes everything from auto stop/start to fan speeds to engine idle RPM. I donā€™t think the OPā€™s question was that outlandish.
Engine idle? Fan speed? I don't know what you're looking at but is not tazerjl. Tazer does nothing to modify engine parameters.

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I dont rely on the internet. I have real world solutions. Nothing you stated is accurate. You imply that RPMs can be CHANGED. They cannot. You may use 'winch mode' to raise your RPMs for a period until throttle inputs are recieved, it then disengages. You state the fan speed may be adjusted, this is also incorrect. You may use 'cool down' to keep the fan running after shutdown. This is also not a permanent function. And you're final blunder of ESS, of which there is a button from the factory to disable, simply "remembers" your choice so you don't need to press it every time you stat the engine.
NONE of these things change engine parameters. Thank you for allowing me to explain this to you

20191023_092647.jpg

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont rely on the internet. I have real world solutions. Nothing you stated is accurate. You imply that RPMs can be CHANGED. They cannot. You may use 'winch mode' to raise your RPMs for a period until throttle inputs are recieved, it then disengages. You state the fan speed may be adjusted, this is also incorrect. You may use 'cool down' to keep the fan running after shutdown. This is also not a permanent function. And you're final blunder of ESS, of which there is a button from the factory to disable, simply "remembers" your choice so you don't need to press it every time you stat the engine.
NONE of these things change engine parameters. Thank you for allowing me to explain this to you

20191023_092647.jpg
All I did was try to bring some perspective on why the OP(not me) would ask the question that he did. That doesn't mean I think he is right, just that I could see why he would ask the question and why I think he shouldn't be ridiculed.

I did not "imply RPMs can be changed." I explicitly stated as much and I think that is correct. The Tazer JL can affect RPM, period. What I didn't imply was that it was a tuner.
Cool down mode does affect fan speed. Period. Where the fan would be off completely, the Tazer JL keeps it on. 0 vs non 0 is a change in fan speed.

Sponsored

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
All I did was try to bring some perspective on why the OP(not me) would ask the question that he did. That doesn't mean I think he is right, just that I could see why he would ask the question and why I think he shouldn't be ridiculed.
No one was ridiculed. OP wasn't sure what the tazer does, you, were being over defensive

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
the system had a change, electronics could be different, transmission might be different to account for no etorque, software changed..

But mostly the tazer manufacture took the time to make you specify which motor you have when you order, my assumption is that they did that for a reason, and since my motor configuration is not present I wanted too know if anyone knew anything.. which people were able to confirm that it would be fine and made me feel better about ordering a 200+ dollar aftermarket part

Colonel

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0L, 2004 Rubicon
I was about to ask the same question about the Tazers and the 2020s. Thanks for the thread. I ordered one yesterday for the 2020 Rubi I have on order (about a week out.)
Sponsored