Sponsored

2020 Mojito paint problems still??

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
First post, just bought a 20 JLU Mojito 2 weeks ago Friday. Literally on the way home from the dealership a guy cut me off on the highway and with 34 miles on the dash, she's banged up good. Anyways, I just dropped her off to be fixed and obviously I'm taking advantage of the paint and bodywork to do all the things I had planned on anyways. New aftermarket/vented hood, New fenders, bumper, grill, etc. My question is, in reading some of these mojito posts, I noticed a 2018 thread where Chrysler was having paint problems with Mojito... my biggest concern on repainting my brand new Jeep! Anyone know if it's still an issue!? I planned on going fiberglass or carbon for the hood but fully painting it (even if carbon), obviously the plastic grill, and my fender are the black stock fenders and despite having Jeeps with fender deletes and crazy Fab Four flares, I LOVE the stock ones but want them painted. I see the problem mostly lies within painting between metal and plastic and/or glass. Obviously a SERIOUS concern of mine. Anyone know if these problems have been sorted, paint tweaked, or just incompetent guys doing bad paint jobs because of terrible prep work led to the outcry previously? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading and replying in advance, and I look forward to many years here in the JL community
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anything aluminum requires specialized knowledge and equipment. Having multiple materials to paint and getting exact match may be an issue. I haven't heard of problems with Mojito color.