• Total voters

Brandon3333

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
@Streetrodder Can you tell is your engine 4 or 6? Also, can you tell me the date it was manufactured? It will tell you on the sticker found on the driver passenger door. It will say MDH (Month, Day, Hour) and will look like this 082314 - mine. August 23 1400 (2pm)
Sponsored

Brandon3333

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
All - I am trying to determine if there is a specific date and plant these defective Jeeps are being made. The easiest way to do this is to look at your Jeeps manufacturer date sticker found on the Drivers side door. You will see this: MDH (Month, Day, Hour) and will look like this 082314 - which is mine. August 23 1400 (2pm).
The 11th character of your VIN also indicates the plant it came from...mine is "W" which is Toledo OH. I will track this to see if there is any links to all our problems.
Please post this like this for me:
Cylinders = 4 or 6
MDH = 082314
Plant = W

THANKS!

Streetrodder

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Streetrodder Can you tell is your engine 4 or 6? Also, can you tell me the date it was manufactured? It will tell you on the sticker found on the driver passenger door. It will say MDH (Month, Day, Hour) and will look like this 082314 - mine. August 23 1400 (2pm)
I just checked and mine reads MDH: 091110, 2.0 4, The dealer was no help, they said after 3 service appointments if I’m not satisfied try the Lemon Law, and the manager said “I don’t build them” Mine also has the W

9BAB3523-059A-4820-966F-319AE9F40A52.jpeg

SLE 1

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl moab
Hi all i can see.most of you have the steering wondering bump.steer and sooner.or.later.death wooble.
2018 JL.with all.the same.issues
Three dealer replace dampers one track.bar and a.lot of that how jeeps are

Well i can.tell you i had an inch of play in.streeing wheel.and all.of the other probelms.listwd.above.

I just installed a.complete.steer smarts.
Track bar drag link and tri rod and streeing stabilers and i can tell you first hand jeep drives and handles better then the day it left the lot not one bit of play in steering any bump you cannot even.feel in the streeing at all

And just fyi replcaed track bar with 4k miles on it of road miles only bushing we shot

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Many of us here are watching how each other’s cases go.
It kills me because I love the damn jeep and don’t want to give it up. It’s set up the way I want it and it’s the first vehicle I ever owned that feels like it’s “me” . But I guess I would take a replacement of the same jeep as long as I could do an extended test drive.
I asked my dealer about replacements and exchanges and they told me FCA already said nope, and closed my case. That’s the reason for the legal route, had they tried to work through the issues I would have continued to cooperate.
For now it’s going thru the system, papers have been served and they have 2 more weeks to reply before court date is set.
I wish you the best of luck. I hope everything goes your way :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Brandon3333

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
@Streetrodder - Thanks for the info. You are the first 4-cyl person who has posted a problem with steering. Up to this point, I have only seen 6-cyl.
Don't know Florida law, so not sure if yours qualifies for a Lemon Law. In California, it is fluid...hard facts are 30-days (not consecutive) total for same problem, or 4 or more visits, but that is not a strict rule. For example, if you had the car for 30-days and you had it in service for say 2 visits at a week each, you would probably have a good case for a Lemon.
Your dealer CANNOT refuse warranty service on a problem. Don't take their S|-|it and escalate if you have to. If they do, it makes your case even stronger. There is plenty of documentation and reported issues that they cannot deny.
I strongly suggest you call Jeepcares to start a case to have them help you with the dealer.
I would also go to the NHTSA and log an issue: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/JEEP/WRANGLER%20UNLIMITED/SUV/4WD
Good luck to you.

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Hi Brandon. My 2020 JLUR was built in Toledo on 8/19, so a fairly early build. Been to dealer once with "that's how it was designed", as well as having engaged Jeep Cares. I got one call that I missed and left two messages this week and no return call yet.

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Brandon, here's my info below. The fact that we're having to do this while FCA doesn't bother speaks volumes about the company.

2020 JLUS
Cylinders = 6
MDH = 082813
Plant = W

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Brandon. My 2020 JLUR was built in Toledo on 8/19, so a fairly early build. Been to dealer once with "that's how it was designed", as well as having engaged Jeep Cares. I got one call that I missed and left two messages this week and no return call yet.
Hi Ted,
I am sorry to hear about this. I have requested that your case manager reach out to you. I also see that she did send you an email. If you respond here, your case manager will also receive this. If you do not hear from them by Friday, please let me know.
Alex
JeepCares

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
I am having free play issues since day 1 on my 2020 JLUS. Heres the info. I already have a case going on with Jeep Cares.

Cylinders = 4
MDH = 080408
Plant = W

Sponsored

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Hate it to break it to ya but @JeepCares isn't gonna do anything other than tell you to bring it to another dealer, then another, then another. There's a corporate mandate in place that shuts down all investigation into the Jeep steering problem. In my case, a tech noticed excessive play and created a STAR case. An FCA TA showed up and closed the case, stating the vehicle "operates as intended." Once they state that, there's nothing further they can do for you. Nothing. Please keep us in the loop regarding this so we can add to our mounting list of evidence for possible future lawsuits.

Woodbridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Hate it to break it to ya but @JeepCares isn't gonna do anything other than tell you to bring it to another dealer, then another, then another. There's a corporate mandate in place that shuts down all investigation into the Jeep steering problem. In my case, a tech noticed excessive play and created a STAR case. An FCA TA showed up and closed the case, stating the vehicle "operates as intended." Once they state that, there's nothing further they can do for you. Nothing. Please keep us in the loop regarding this so we can add to our mounting list of evidence for possible future lawsuits.

Sue FCA and file NHTSA case.https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...fting-file-nhtsa-case-here.41674/#post-919900

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
2020 6 cyl 2 dr
MDH 111307 453AA

I have about 1/4-1/2 inch dead spot, I think that's OK. It wandered a little new but has gotten better, maybe my brain is adapting to it's new skin. 2 doors shouldnt really track well anyway.
I measure the caster at 7 degrees stock, worried I measured it wrong, I may post a thread.
I had a hard time finding/reading the part number on the steeringbox, I think 2969020 OEARR ??
It's too soon for any bushings to wear, we'll see. Looking around underneath, it's beautiful.

OP
OP
azhdar

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
folks are in US lucky, I live in Canada and there is no one to protect our rights. The dealership, consumer rights and stuff are pretty bad here :/

OP
OP
azhdar

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
@Brandon3333

cylinder = 6
MDH = 082515
Plant: W

Mine have a bunch of other defects (defective sealing that goes one door to other door, defective freedom panel, unaligned parts, and stuff ) and kinda steering issue
Sponsored