Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
This.

We have $750 in parts and four dealer visits and still a barely usable Jeep because of steering issues. I hesitated swapping parts for aftermarket because I’ve read that people have been turned down due to non-stock parts.

We shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket to *fix* the steering on a stock Jeep.
Just document and then lemon it. Be super careful if you get another one. It sucks but unfortunately that is one of the only things that chrysler may "feel". Don't know how deep in you are on yours, in our state 4x without a fix or 30 days worth of down time qualifies and lemon attorneys don't get paid by you they get it from manufacturer. Obviously we all just want a fix, but if you can't get one the only options are to live with it, spend your own bucks for after market, or go the lemon route for now.
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Just document and then lemon it. Be super careful if you get another one. It sucks but unfortunately that is one of the only things that chrysler may "feel". Don't know how deep in you are on yours, in our state 4x without a fix or 30 days worth of down time qualifies and lemon attorneys don't get paid by you they get it from manufacturer. Obviously we all just want a fix, but if you can't get one the only options are to live with it, spend your own bucks for after market, or go the lemon route for now.
I’ve documented every call, email, and repair attempt. My dealership has been helpful as has my FCA rep. I’ve started the buy-back process because I meet the requirements and no one knows what else to do.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm surprised to see apparently the '20 MY still has an issue.

'18 was notorious, '19 seemed to be getting better and I thought they'd have it mostly licked with all the latest parts in '20

Anyway children, the board has an Ignore feature. Use it. Click on any user name and then you can Follow or Ignore. It's a wonderful thing. Several users are on my Ignore list. I would not be offended if others have ignored me - good for them for using the resources available to them.

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Update.. picked up my 20 JLR from the dealer. Toe was out!! Realigned to spec. Trac bar good but I had a old number so they want to replace it. It will be ordered. They raised my tire pressure back up to 40. I lowered to 34 and test drove. Drives like a Jeep. No major play. No drifting. Tracks straight. One handed driving. Completely satisfied. Glad it was a easy fix.

Brandon3333

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Update.. picked up my 20 JLR from the dealer. Toe was out!! Realigned to spec. Trac bar good but I had a old number so they want to replace it. It will be ordered. They raised my tire pressure back up to 40. I lowered to 34 and test drove. Drives like a Jeep. No major play. No drifting. Tracks straight. One handed driving. Completely satisfied. Glad it was a easy fix.
That's great Keycub - I am hoping that my issue is an old track bar part and/or old "AD" steering box. I test drove the first 2020 I have seen since mine, and it drove like a dream...perfect straight down the road no problems at all; so, there is hope that a fix will resolve this

Sponsored

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
That's great Keycub - I am hoping that my issue is an old track bar part and/or old "AD" steering box. I test drove the first 2020 I have seen since mine, and it drove like a dream...perfect straight down the road no problems at all; so, there is hope that a fix will resolve this
I hope it’s a easy fix. I couldn’t change the radio without changing lanes. Lol. Yesterday I took my hands off the wheel. Huge difference

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
just bought a JLU Sahara Altitude a week ago and i can confirm that mine also has a dead spot 12-2PM position. dealer tried the alignment but still same, going back today and see what he says.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
just bought a JLU Sahara Altitude a week ago and i can confirm that mine also has a dead spot 12-2PM position. dealer tried the alignment but still same, going back today and see what he says.
Good news it goes to 12:15-1:45 when the temp outside dips below 60. Seriously good luck and let us know.

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to the dealer today , they took a test ride with me. He did acknowledge that the steering wheel is a bit loose and off center. But they said its in spec and nothing can be done.

Thats a bummer b.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Went to the dealer today , they took a test ride with me. He did acknowledge that the steering wheel is a bit loose and off center. But they said its in spec and nothing can be done.

Thats a bummer b.
Did you drive another on the lot to compare? I did that after the tech drove mine and there was a big difference, which helped my case.

That step of driving a new one is in their procedures, so they should have. I would keep up the pressure.

“Jeep thing” my ass (yeah, I’m a little cranky about this right now).

Good luck.

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Couldn't agree more......No one is saying to be a D***, but DON'T take their BS answer and walk away.....It's unfortunate these days that you need to be this way; however, it happens all too often where they tell you some crap and hope you will accept it and drop the issue.

Keep on them.....CLEARLY there is an issue !

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you drive another on the lot to compare? I did that after the tech drove mine and there was a big difference, which helped my case.

That step of driving a new one is in their procedures, so they should have. I would keep up the pressure.

“Jeep thing” my ass (yeah, I’m a little cranky about this right now).

Good luck.
I did try other wranglers on lot and they were different. The service manager said everything is within the specs.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I did try other wranglers on lot and they were different. The service manager said everything is within the specs.
I’m curious as to what “specs” he was referring to. It sounds like he just didn’t want to deal with it. I would try another dealership if you can.

I did a test drive with the shop foreman who noticed the corrections I was making. He asked if he could drive it and commented something is “there.” The JLR off the lot that drove much better than mine and I made it clear that was the case. They’ve tried to fix it, but unfortunately I’ve had no luck.

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m curious as to what “specs” he was referring to. It sounds like he just didn’t want to deal with it. I would try another dealership if you can.

I did a test drive with the shop foreman who noticed the corrections I was making. He asked if he could drive it and commented something is “there.” The JLR off the lot that drove much better than mine and I made it clear that was the case. They’ve tried to fix it, but unfortunately I’ve had no luck.
I am now waiting on Jeepcare's reply and will.see whats the next course of action. Definitely i am going to take it to another dealer and ultimately get the steering box replaced if that fixes the issue.
Sponsored