UPDATE-Dealer ran diagnostics and ended up replacing both batteries. So far so good but waiting for more time to pass before calling it 'fixed'.I had a similar experience this weekend. Was able to jump start but Jeep would die almost immediately after removing the jumper cables. After a couple of hours with AAA battery service, they had me do the following which allowed me to drive it to the nearest dealership. Also, the Engine Check/MIL light and Service Stop/Start System Warning lights were on.
Jeep is in for service now but I'm still waiting on official diagnostic from them. More to come.
- Jump-start with jump box and leave it connected
- Rev engine to 1500 RPM for 2-3 minutes.
- During this time the Jeep "reset idle" according to the tech
- Disconnect jump box and the Jeep stayed running
- Disable Stop/Start system
- Cross fingers and drive it on the road to nearest dealership
*My Jeep was not 2-days old but is a 2020 (not even 12-months old)