Cmace22

Cmace22

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Says video has to be given access. More importantly I hope it shows what the CC speed is set to as that’s what the speed will be.

Like Ive been trying to explain, my JLU does not do that it will continue to accelerate after I let go. The JT goes up 1mph per "tick" while mine goes up 5mph per "tick"

This video even show the speed increase by 1mph at a time not 5mph.

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
My yorkie works my gas pedal. She needs to get better at not resting her face on the brake.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
- Take a video like that in yours

- pay attention to your buddies CC set speed and compare to yours. Do they read/behave the same?

- maybe you didn’t pay for ACC but it is in fact installed? You can run your vin to see what options fca rhibks you have...

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

OP
OP
Cmace22

Cmace22

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
- Take a video like that in yours

- pay attention to your buddies CC set speed and compare to yours. Do they read/behave the same?

- maybe you didn’t pay for ACC but it is in fact installed? You can run your vin to see what options fca rhibks you have...

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

I can take a video for you guys if you want proof but i have watched them both. When held down mine goes up 5mph per "tick" and his does 1mph per "tick". I was actually thinking the same thing about the ACC. Maybe I got the software but not the hardware.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Like Ive been trying to explain is my JLU does not do that it will continue to accelerate after I let go. The JT goes up 1mph per "tick" while mine goes up 5mph per "tick"

This video even show the speed increase by 1mph at a time not 5mph.

It's still relatively identical your friends video. I'm surprised the CC MPH went away on the screen as mine never has in CC and I've had to use it a ton recently. But the JLs CC works the same. Let's say I set CC to about 35-36 MPH like he does in the video. If I'm going that speed and keep clicking up I will stop accelerating once I stop clicking as you said. I click up at a normal pace normally like he did in the video where the CC and my MPH stays together.But for another example that's more real world for me since I use CC on the highway I'm going 65 MPH I'll click up 8 times really fast to get to 73 MPH. I'll be done clicking before the Jeep gets to 73 MPH. My point has been the Jeep will hit 73 MPH even though I stopped clicking the up button before then(the digital display will read 73 MPH, but the speedometer will be 69 MPH, etc.) My suspicion is that you're hitting the up button really fast or hard and not accounting for the CC speed being well above what you're going.

If you don't have ACC and you are going up by +5 then indeed something could be wrong. In fairness you have not mentioned in any posts before the last one that you've gone up by +5. You mentioned the users manual and that it's for ACC which I assume isn't on your window sticker.

OP
OP
Cmace22

Cmace22

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
It's still relatively identical your friends video. I'm surprised the CC MPH went away on the screen as mine never has in CC and I've had to use it a ton recently. But the JLs CC works the same. Let's say I set CC to about 35-36 MPH like he does in the video. If I'm going that speed and keep clicking up I will stop accelerating once I stop clicking as you said. I click up at a normal pace normally like he did in the video where the CC and my MPH stays together.But for another example that's more real world for me since I use CC on the highway I'm going 65 MPH I'll click up 8 times really fast to get to 73 MPH. I'll be done clicking before the Jeep gets to 73 MPH. My point has been the Jeep will hit 73 MPH even though I stopped clicking the up button before then(the digital display will read 73 MPH, but the speedometer will be 69 MPH, etc.) My suspicion is that you're hitting the up button really fast or hard and not accounting for the CC speed being well above what you're going.

If you don't have ACC and you are going up by +5 then indeed something could be wrong(in fairness you have not mentioned in any posts before the last one that you've gone up by +5. You mentioned the users manual and that it's for ACC which I assume isn't on your window sticker.)

In the video the button is being held down. I appreciate the response and apologize if my OP wasn't clear, ill try and fix that.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
In the video the button is being held down. I appreciate the response and apologize if my OP wasn't clear, ill try and fix that.
Yeah holding it down is the same thing as long as there's no ACC. The +5 would've definitely send you going fast after you've let go that's a much different ballgame than +1. I really don't like being rude so sorry too, mentioning the +5 would've avoided this lol.

Do you have the advanced safety group?

OP
OP
Cmace22

Cmace22

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Yeah holding it down is the same thing as long as there's no ACC. The +5 would've definitely send you going fast after you've let go that's a much different ballgame than +1. I really don't like being rude so sorry too, mentioning the +5 would've avoided this lol.

Do you have the advanced safety group?

Not the advanced just the standard safety group with backup sensors and blind spot.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Video is of buddy's JT. It stops accelerating when the SET+ is released..... Like the manual states.

You are misunderstanding what the manual states. It says the SET speed will continue to rise until the button is released. The speed you are driving has no bearing on this set speed. Have your buddy try the same thing going up a steep incline. You'll see that the set speed increases faster than you're able to accelerate. It's just that on flat pavement the Jeep is able to accelerate at the same rate as the set speed. The problem you're having is that your set speed is increasing in 5mph increments instead of 1. Seems like your set+ button is programmed for ACC.

OP
OP
Cmace22

Cmace22

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
You are misunderstanding what the manual states. It says the SET speed will continue to rise until the button is released. The speed you are driving has no bearing on this set speed. Have your buddy try the same thing going up a steep incline. You'll see that the set speed increases faster than you're able to accelerate. It's just that on flat pavement the Jeep is able to accelerate at the same rate as the set speed. The problem you're having is that your set speed is increasing in 5mph increments instead of 1. Seems like your set+ button is programmed for ACC.

Makes sense to me thank you

OP
OP
Cmace22

Cmace22

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Post was updated with video of my JLU without ACC.

Bluandwht86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 JLR
I have a 2018 JLUR with a 3.6 and the cruise acts like your friends Gladiator. I also have a 2020 JLR 2.0T and the cruise acts like yours does. Neither has ACC. I never noticed it because I don't normally accelerate using the cruise button but I tried it on both and they are different.
Sponsored