Crys0911

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Hello all!!
I have a 2020 JL Unlimited that seems to be trouble. I've only had it 4 weeks with less that 1500 miles on it. 3 weeks ago they had to change the steering gears and now something is wrong with my transmission. I was an hour and a half away from home when my Jeep killed on me. Said service transmission. Anytime I would put it in drive or reverse, it would kill. While in park, the P would flash. Got it towed back to the dealer. Just wanting some advice on how to deal with this. Has anyone had this problem before. I'm so upset since it's brand new.
Sponsored

Last edited:

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer and doesn't seem to be very common but there are other electrical gremlins that could be in play. I would let the dealer worry about it and wait to see what they say.

OP
OP

Crys0911

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Bummer and doesn't seem to be very common but there are other electrical gremlins that could be in play. I would let the dealer worry about it and wait to see what they say.
Thanks!! I'm letting them deal with it and trying not to stress it. Thank God it's under warranty. I was just wondering if it's common.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Very few reports of problems. Do you have gas or diesel?
Mechanical things can fail. No need to tell Jeep Cares right away. If dealer gives you problems then yes.

OP
OP

Crys0911

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Mechanical things can fail. No need to tell Jeep Cares right away. If dealer gives you problems then yes.
It's a gas. Oh ok. Didn't know that about Jeep Cares. My first Jeep and I've read somewhere that I need to notify Jeep Cares. I'm not angry or anything just worried since it's a new vehicle that seems to be having problems. I deleted the tag to them.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's a gas. Oh ok. Didn't know that about Jeep Cares. My first Jeep and I've read somewhere that I need to notify Jeep Cares. I'm not angry or anything just worried since it's a new vehicle that seems to be having problems.
The gas engine has a different automatic from the diesel so trying to clarify in case someone else had a problem. You can do a search on automatics, I remember a couple of people reporting an issue but can't remember what it was. Nothing like the manual transmission problem. But if it is a bad transmission be glad it happened now instead of at 5 years and 1 day.

OP
OP

Crys0911

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The gas engine has a different automatic from the diesel so trying to clarify in case someone else had a problem. You can do a search on automatics, I remember a couple of people reporting an issue but can't remember what it was. Nothing like the manual transmission problem. But if it is a bad transmission be glad it happened now instead of at 5 years and 1 day.
LOL That's exactly what I said. I've seen a couple post about 2020 transmissions being replaced. Not too many though.

OP
OP

Crys0911

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just wanted to update. Jeep still in service. Finally spoke to someone. They said the battery was dead so they spent all day yesterday charging it. I figured the battery would be dead because I couldn't turn the ignition off. Stayed in "auto" and not "off". He said my problem is probably low voltage and may need the battery changed. I was driving around for 2 hours so I don't know how my battery died on me. I just don't want to be taken advantage of because I'm a female and I have no clue what's going on.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @Crys0911,

We're sorry to hear that this happened with your brand new Jeep Wrangler! This is certainly not the experience that we want for our Jeep owners. If you would like additional support while in service, please send us a private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to update. Jeep still in service. Finally spoke to someone. They said the battery was dead so they spent all day yesterday charging it. I figured the battery would be dead because I couldn't turn the ignition off. Stayed in "auto" and not "off". He said my problem is probably low voltage and may need the battery changed. I was driving around for 2 hours so I don't know how my battery died on me. I just don't want to be taken advantage of because I'm a female and I have no clue what's going on.
Low voltage seems to cause a lot of problems on vehicles these days because everything is hooked up. And there has been battery problems, especially with the auxiliary battery, where it is not getting fully charged. Many of us are using a battery tender. Made a difference on the voltage of mine. So low charge could be possible.
Let us know if they find anything else.

OP
OP

Crys0911

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Low voltage seems to cause a lot of problems on vehicles these days because everything is hooked up. And there has been battery problems, especially with the auxiliary battery, where it is not getting fully charged. Many of us are using a battery tender. Made a difference on the voltage of mine. So low charge could be possible.
Let us know if they find anything else.
I sure will. They said it was also stuck in neutral. So I'm not really sure what the problem was. It's running fine now so fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. I'll look into a battery tender. Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored