Sponsored

2020 JLU tow vehicle braking system

JEMSRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon unlimited
I installed the US Gear D-Celerator braking system in my 2020 JLU Rubicon (this unit was previously in my 1999 Cherokee). Basically it is a electric solenoid which depresses the brake pedal when you put on the brake of the RV. It adds an air pump piped into the air line from the JLU's boosterto take the place of the brake booster in the power brake system since the engine is not running when towing the JLU. There is a control unit which is connected to the positive and negative side of the JLU's battery. After hooking this up,the ECS, electronic stability control, "warning light" appeared on the instrument panel along with the "Service stop/start system warning light". The JLU runs fine with no problems that I am aware of except of course the stop/start system does not work. I disconnected the brake system from the battery and the warning lights remain.

I took it to my local Jeep expert, but his diagnostic unit does not work on JL's after 2018. Any thoughts, suggestions before I take it to a dealer.

Thanks for your input
Sponsored