2020 JLU Sport to 2019 JLU Sahara or Rubi

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I currently own a 2020 jlu Sport with about 12k miles on it. I e been looking at the 2019 Sahara’s and rubicon’s that have equal miles on them. Should I trade in my jeep for a 2019 of those tow? im thinking it it could be worth it or I could lose my ass in that. Opinions?
Sponsored

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
One must first ask why would you want to? Has your off-road habits changed in those 12k miles? Just trying to understand..

In terms of losing your ass, it depends.
I am about to purchase a head unit, lift kit, sway bar disconnects, new front bumper to carry a winch. Off road habits have no really changed, though i will have more to,e this coming year to travel to the UP in Michigan and get some keeping done out there.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’d say carry on unless you just don’t like what you’re in. Otherwise you will still be looking at an increase over your current payment in most cases depending on options.. If you financed that is.

And the increase won’t be to the tune of only $100 bucks..

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Crunch the number and see if it makes sense for you.
This, but just know that under normal circumstances and some localities purchasing a new vehicle and turning around and trading is usually not the best of ideas.

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Crunch the number and see if it makes sense for you.
They told me they could get me under my current payment. I’m a little sus With them because they have been telling me its gonna cost hundred more. I have access to their programs for service and selling as I’m a student with them so I can see a lot of what they are showing me, but I’m still hesitang.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well like he said if the numbers work then do it if that’s what you want but I find it slightly hard to believe but hey if it works and it’s what you want do what makes you happy. Life’s too short

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i love my sportS jlu. i mean if your not far in payments and havent lost money in the currently unit then you can do as you please. but remember... a sport can be upgraded in the long run with better than rubi parts

Sponsored

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Well like he said if the numbers work then do it if that’s what you want but I find it slightly hard to believe but hey if it works and it’s what you want do what makes you happy. Life’s too short
I know I love what I drive I think I’m too lost in the upgraded to feel like I’m going the right direction. I want to get the Rancho 9000 series shocks and springs. Obviously I know Fox are great, but ive heard great things about the Rancho. Probably won’t do the trade because it sounds like a lot of work, because I’m very happy. Time to just be patient. All the responses are very helpful.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Would you have the same payments or would they increase or decrease?

Just upgrade what you got already

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

cthomas31

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sport S Manual Soft top
I am about to purchase a head unit, lift kit, sway bar disconnects, new front bumper to carry a winch. Off road habits have no really changed, though i will have more to,e this coming year to travel to the UP in Michigan and get some keeping done out there.
I don't see any reason to upgrade from a Sport to a Sahara unless you want the luxury package that comes with the Sahara. Only upgrade to the Rubicon if your Sport cannot take you where you want to go offroad. I have the Sport S with 35s, 2.5" lift, front bumper and winch and it's taken me everywhere I've wanted to go so far.
Sponsored