Sponsored

2020 JLU Recon Leaky Roof

Deleted member 61263

I had my 2020 JLU Recon under a cover for the past three weeks - it don't fit in the garage. I drove it to work during a Texas sized rain. I was driving home in the rain and felt water on me. I realized that it was leaking from the corner there the roof and the tip of the door meet, like at the B pillar. It was on the driver and passenger side. In the downpour, I tried to quickly reset the roof to see if it was sitting off. I put some towels there for about 20 minutes while I got ready to take it to the shop and the towels were saturated. Any idea what this could be? I have only been topless a handful of times and the seal doesn't appear to be damaged. Thank you!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any idea what this could be?
Sounds like you don’t have the freedom panels seated properly. When putting them back on, the passenger side needs to go on first followed by the driver side. Also, make sure you aren’t sliding the panels into place. They need to be lifted and gently lowered into position, making sure none of the seals/muckets at each corner are folded over or crushed.