Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, mine had the access hole. But I do have one problem. The motor skid plate will not work with my front diff skids from https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/jl-front-diff-skid-fds
They will hit the motor skid. Any suggestions?
the rancho diff skid used to fit with the metalcloak front engine skid. That is what I ran on my 3 prior 3.6 JLURs. however, when I buy for my new eco-diesel I may run the Metalcloak front diff skid since it is a bit tight down there.

the nextventure setup is one of my favorite for sure, but is a bit larger.

when you get a chance, share a few pics of the new access port and how you like them installed!

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
the rancho diff skid used to fit with the metalcloak front engine skid. That is what I ran on my 3 prior 3.6 JLURs. however, when I buy for my new eco-diesel I may run the Metalcloak front diff skid since it is a bit tight down there.

the nextventure setup is one of my favorite for sure, but is a bit larger.

when you get a chance, share a few pics of the new access port and how you like them installed!
I am going to have to have a fab shop modify the front motor skid so it clears the axle. For right now I am just driving it without that skid. I will be doing this when I have more time.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful with the FDS on the diesel. If you don't have a lift, it will hit the oil pan.
What fds skid did you use. ? i just got my eco diesel, and its really, really tight down there by the oil pan. I like the rancho diff skid, was thinking about buying it and modifying it to work depending on where the clearance issues are.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
What fds skid did you use. ? i just got my eco diesel, and its really, really tight down there by the oil pan. I like the rancho diff skid, was thinking about buying it and modifying it to work depending on where the clearance issues are.
MC does not reccomend using their FDS on an unlifted jeep. I used the rock hard skid. I now have the lift but will keep the skid I have.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JLU diesel skid plates 20201107_095516
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JLU diesel skid plates 20201107_095446
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JLU diesel skid plates 20201107_095418

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Next Venture Motorsports. I believe I was the first one, or one of the first, to put it on a diesel and find out there is an interference with the oil pan(no lift). I mentioned it to Dan and he said they were going to work on designing a diesel compatible one and I actually saw it listed on their website yesterday, so I'm waiting to get one. I really like the rear one from NVM! Would definitely recommend it.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
MC does not reccomend using their FDS on an unlifted jeep. I used the rock hard skid. I now have the lift but will keep the skid I have.
That red looks like the Rancho diff skid, is that what you ran? The engine skid looks Metalcloak.

Are the rockhard skids the LCA ones?

If the Rancho Diff skid works I will buy that again as I used it on a few of my JLs. Rear im less worried about

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That red looks like the Rancho diff skid, is that what you ran? The engine skid looks Metalcloak.

Are the rockhard skids the LCA ones?

If the Rancho Diff skid works I will buy that again as I used it on a few of my JLs. Rear im less worried about
Your right. My mistake. I have the rock-hard LCA skids. I am running full MC underarmor for the rest.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JLU diesel skid plates 20201003_105855

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Your right. My mistake. I have the rock-hard LCA skids. I am running full MC underarmor for the rest.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JLU diesel skid plates 20201003_105855
so you are fine to run the Rancho front center diff skid with the setup you have then. thats awesome news.

Did the red rancho skid go on without the jeep being lifted, or only after it was lifted?

sorry for all the questions, going to order tonight if the Rancho front skid fits stock height.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so you are fine to run the Rancho front center diff skid with the setup you have then. thats awesome news.

Did the red rancho skid go on without the jeep being lifted, or only after it was lifted?

sorry for all the questions, going to order tonight if the Rancho front skid fits stock height.
The Rancho skids worked great with the stock suspension. Never be sorry for asking a question. I am completely happy with my setup. Next on the list ARB front bumper and a winch.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The Rancho skids worked great with the stock suspension. Never be sorry for asking a question. I am completely happy with my setup. Next on the list ARB front bumper and a winch.
I was so excited to move from the 3.6 to the eco-diesel I never thought to look into the availability of parts. I have ran into so many parts that dont work with the 3.0 or just are not made for for them. add in Covid parts shortages and it has been a nightmare.

The first major item I had to find a solution for was the diff skids. you have helped me a ton!

rear I may give the Rough country one a try to see how it works.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was so excited to move from the 3.6 to the eco-diesel I never thought to look into the availability of parts. I have ran into so many parts that dont work with the 3.0 or just are not made for for them. add in Covid parts shortages and it has been a nightmare.

The first major item I had to find a solution for was the diff skids. you have helped me a ton!

rear I may give the Rough country one a try to see how it works.
I went with the MC rear dif skid. I have tested it a few times and it is working great.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JLU diesel skid plates 20201012_081026
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JLU diesel skid plates 20201003_105941

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the Rancho diff skid and It looks like the u-bolt next to the driveshaft may contact the oil pan when flexing. I was only doing a dry fit, but it is really tight while sitting level.

The oil pan is so low on this, almost even with the bottom of the diff. Maybe the 2021 with the different springs on front does let the engine sit lower? I may have to lift just to get the clearance for the diff skid etc.
Sponsored