OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
I even asked the dealership yesterday to buy the Jeep back so they could wait for FCA to figure this out and I did not have to wait another 21 days for the arbitration hearing and they responded with "we are not interested in the Jeep and recommend I take it to Carmax to get a $$$ offer for it." I literally can't even make this up. Ummm hello the Jeep has not been able to be moved in 41 days!!!

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
After it being in the shop for 41 calendar days I would hope they have checked everything!!
Yes, well it’s hard to disagree with you. Mine had some of ( but not all) the symptoms you’ve described and was in the dealership for 3 weeks in Jan/Feb this year. They replaced the auxiliary battery without resolving the issues. Ultimately it proved to be faulty vacuum pump. This has resolved other owner’s similar problems. It wouldn’t do any harm to ask them about this.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
Yes, well it’s hard to disagree with you. Mine had some of ( but not all) the symptoms you’ve described and was in the dealership for 3 weeks in Jan/Feb this year. They replaced the auxiliary battery without resolving the issues. Ultimately it proved to be faulty vacuum pump. This has resolved other owner’s similar problems. It wouldn’t do any harm to ask them about this.
Will do and thanks for the advice!!

Sponsored

JJWALKER

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj7
What a pita. Hopefully it gets figured out and ur up n running sooner than later.
think I'll wait a bit longer on my jeep purchase.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What the fuck? You had to go to arbitration? Like, legal action.. wow what a shitty dealer and FCA's customer service too haha.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I´d push for a new one with a Pentastar and cash for the price difference. Then again, maybe the PCM will cure it. I´m a little surprised they didn´t go there early on with this. I´d have replaced the PCM before the wiring harness.

Sorry to hear you´ve had a rough go with this.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
What the fuck? You had to go to arbitration? Like, legal action.. wow what a shitty dealer and FCA's customer service too haha.
Yes unfortunately they have let it go that far. Arbitration is the middle ground prior to an actual civil suit etc. The whole situation sucks. The dealership is saying I have to go through FCA as they have no control or power to buy it back and FCA... well they are just to massive to care it seems.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
What a pita. Hopefully it gets figured out and ur up n running sooner than later.
think I'll wait a bit longer on my jeep purchase.
I would hope so but checked again this morning with the dealership and still no ETA. Seems like they just want it to go to Arbitration.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
I´d push for a new one with a Pentastar and cash for the price difference. Then again, maybe the PCM will cure it. I´m a little surprised they didn´t go there early on with this. I´d have replaced the PCM before the wiring harness.

Sorry to hear you´ve had a rough go with this.
Honestly do not think the PCM will cure it. It may cure the current issue but everytime they replace something then something else fails. At least that is how it has gone to date.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly do not think the PCM will cure it. It may cure the current issue but everytime they replace something then something else fails. At least that is how it has gone to date.
Hopefully you can bail on this one and get into a new one with no cost to you and with no further trouble. That thing sounds like it is cursed!

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
Hopefully you can bail on this one and get into a new one with no cost to you and with no further trouble. That thing sounds like it is cursed!
Agreed. Best part is will are still making the payments on it and the insurance like good little customers!!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Have you looked into lemon laws in your state? Purchased from IL but registered in FL?

Not sure that would be any different than the arbitration you mention.
Sponsored